Old 06-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #1

flagstaff HW sc 27

Hi all, new to site and hoping someone can give me some info. Have a flagstaff HW sc 27 and recently had the battery stolen. Can anyone tell me what size I need to get to replace? Unfortunately I never looked at the battery except to see that it was in battery box, and I really think the dealership had a starter battery in it as I could never turn on lights without being connected to electric source or tow vehicle. Seems the lift was the only thing it would run. Its a pop up so thinking I need a deep cycle and not a duel. Any help is appreciated.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I would guess the battery that was in it was a group 24 deep cycle battery.
If you camp only with shore power that is all you'll need.

If you occasionally camp with no power then you might want to upgrade to a group 27 deep cycle if your battery box is big enough for it to fit.

welcome to the forum!

TURBS

Old 06-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #3

Thanks for the info, plan to go to Camper World today to start pricing.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
daydreaming about camping

My HW27S/C had a standard group 24 automotive size battery. Most dealers install a dual purpose Marine battery, though mine had a general Interstate brand auto battery. They are not the best for camper use since they are really designed for car and truck starting.

The battery box will be easily replaceable with the next size up if you should choose. I would suggest a true deep cycle battery. Trojan makes some very good ones and occasionally people post up good deals from places like Sams, Costco and Meiners. Also most brands like Interstate will make a true deep cycle for fishing boats that are almost always cheaper though their retailer as opposed to Camping World. Occasionally Bass Pro offers their house brand XPS on a good sale as well.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #5

I'd have to agree with Turbs and Jeep. I'd suggest not going to camping world on this though... Only because I've noticed everything to do with camping adds extra $$$$ to the tag... If you went to a big box store or a parts store and got a true deep cycle like what was suggested you'd save yourself some money!

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #6

Thanks everyone. Camper world was the most expensive and shortest warranty. Costco has been the cheapest and longest warranty. We decided e would go with type 24, as e do mostly shoreline camping. Decided to save for generator when we start dry camping. We've had it for almost a year now and still learning new things. Much fun so far.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #7

Thanks everyone. Camper world was the most expensive and shortest warranty. Costco has been the cheapest and longest warranty. We decided e would go with type 24, as e do mostly shoreline camping. Decided to save for generator when we start dry camping. We've had it for almost a year now and still learning new things. Much fun so far.