Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #1

Forester by Forest River

Hi everyone, I just signed up to this forum to get imput from you all on our RV problems with the Forest River product. My wife and I are new to the RV world. We researched for 1 1/2 yrs to find the best product for our price range. We settled on a 2019 3271sf Forester. Bought it September 2018 and have had quality problems from day one . We have learned a lot over the last 10 months. The first night we had it setup it rained. The superslide leaked badly ended up putting in the slide so it would stop leaking. Drove 2 hours to the dealer and spent the day getting it repaired. Luckily we were close to the dealer we purchased it from. We went on our first trip from NC to Michigan. We encountered drain leaks and lights out. Went back to the dealer because no one would do warranty work on an RV they didn't sell you or said it would be 2 to 4 months before they could get to it. Got this stuff repaired and went on our way back on our journey to South Carolina. The drain in the shower leaked again . This time I looked at the leak and found a gasket missing in the trap which I repaired. Went from there to Alabama for a couple of months. More electrical problems came up so we started a list. Then the ice maker started leaking. We did find a dealer that repaired the leak. Set up in their lot for 2 days for this repair. Then our slide quit working. They got it working for us and we went back to our RV lot and set-up for the month. Left that campground the first of February to move to another park. When we started setting up the slide would not work. A motor went out. No one would repair it for us so we sat there for a month without a slide. The dvd player quit during this time. The list grew to over 2 pages. When our month we prepaid for was up we had to drive over 800 miles back to NC to the dealer to get repairs made. Lots of electrical issues. They kept the RV for the month of March. Since then we have had it back to the dealership several times. One of the issues was with the auto jacks. They have never worked for us. One of the back jacks came back up on it's own after the Auto cycle was completed. They still don't work right. We left it at the dealer for 2 weeks this time the end of June. While it was there the sales department needed a sewer hose to complete a sale. Never called us at all to see if they could have it. They did replace ours with a new one with a cap missing. Never got a call about this at all. I found out when I called service for yet more repairs. This was our first RV ever. Has anyone had this experience with the poor workmanship from Forest River? Any suggestions or ideas or comments?. Thanks for reading this long story that hasn't ended yet. This puts a bad taste in my mouth for wanting the RV experience. Steve, thanks again
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, forester