Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #1

Fort Kent Dad from Alberta Canada

Just found out about this forum from a link in the Rockwood-Flagstaff owners forum. (http://rocky06fs.forumco.com)

We bought a 09 Rockwood 8319SS last September, camped one weekend in it before it was winterized (I live in northern Canada, winter starts in October).

Have been out for three weekenders and one 10 day trip this year so far. So far so good with our trailer. Love the layout and luxury.

Had very few minor issues, a broken bracket under the front slide out, and the RVQ table pulled the strip off the side of the trailer first time it was used - the screws did not seem to connect to anything. Quick fix on that one.

We did weather one dandy hail storm already. The white plastic roof vent covers were turned into swiss cheese. The "create-a-breese" cover and shower cover were just fine. Replaced them with smokey lexan covers the dealer tells me are much stronger than the original plastic covers. The fiberglass smooth sides weathered the storm very well, no hail dings as best we can tell. Can't say the same for our vehicles.

Will have at least one more trip this summer before we winterize again.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #2

Where did you get pelted with hail? Leslie and I are from Calgary and we store our trailer in a lot out by Springbank. The lot has been hit with hail a number of times, but nothing similar to the magnitude of what must have hit you. We were out in Dinosaur Provincial Park last weekend and man did it rain. The 'dry creek bed' behind our site was filled to capacity and I was worried about flooding.

Nonetheless, We did get a chance to go on a short hike where I had the opportunity to scare a rattlesnake our of it's slumber. Suffice to say I'm really glad that they 'rattle'!

Old 08-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum . So how did you fix the RVQ strip on the outside of your camper?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
Welcome to the forum . So how did you fix the RVQ strip on the outside of your camper?
I took the loose screw into the local Coop, selected a thicker screw (I'm sure some mechanically inclined person will tell me that's now how you compare the gauge or # of the screw ) I just got one the same length, and thicker. Bought a small package of them, along with some "Automotive GOOP" a very handy substance indeed.

Applied goop to screw before screwing it through the old hole, since it was thicker it grabbed onto the metal, and the siding, and I would have to say, something on the other side, because it was on tighter. I replaced the three that pulled out.

On the "one of these days" when I get "around to it" I'll remove the remaining three skinny screws and screw in the thick ones.

Still shopping for a nice replacement portable BBQ - next month there should be some good end of season sales on, or so I hope.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #5

I recommend the Weber Q it is an awesome little grill and come in several different sizes to suit your needs the one i have a weber Q 100 they all have cast iron grills and cast aluminium bodies
Old 08-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlm View Post
Where did you get pelted with hail? Leslie and I are from Calgary and we store our trailer in a lot out by Springbank. The lot has been hit with hail a number of times, but nothing similar to the magnitude of what must have hit you. . . .
We were just west of Caroline AB on the August long weekend. We drove around the area after the storm, lots of people had lots more damage than we had.