Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2016, 06:08 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 8
From NY

Hello All

Just put a deposit on our first RV. Have been researching this for a year a so doing our home work and finally decided on, a 2015 Rockwood 2608.

Hopefully things will go smooth (did not with a deal from Camping World at the Hershey show that we backed out of) and will have our rig in a week or so.

Looking forward to this summer!!!
__________________

__________________
LIcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 6,428
congrats 2015 Rockwood

Welcome from the home of the Stanley Cup
__________________

__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
nights of camping
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,653
Welcome to the forum and the world of RVing Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:42 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
themounties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Moundsville Wv
Posts: 1,337
Hello and welcome to the forum from Wv
__________________
2003 Duramax
2010 Blue Ridge
1 DW
1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:46 AM   #5
Camp Bartender
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: York, PA
Posts: 265
Hello and welcome from PA! Sorry you had a bad deal with Camping world, my wife and I were trying to deal with them and just didn't like how we were being treated. Went to Ben's RV in York, night and day difference.


www.bensrvcenter.com
__________________
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Express, 5.7L HEMI
2015 Forest River Wildwood 28DBUD

2015: 7 Trips, 20 Nights Camped
2016: 7 Trips, 23 Nights Camped
2017: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped (so far)
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:29 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,505
Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2015 Rockwood 2608. With an air temp of -11 this morning we're looking forward to summer too.
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:05 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmith2859 View Post
Hello and welcome from PA! Sorry you had a bad deal with Camping world, my wife and I were trying to deal with them and just didn't like how we were being treated. Went to Ben's RV in York, night and day difference.


www.bensrvcenter.com
Thanks. They tried slipping in extras (at 1/3 of the cost of the rig)that appeared on our sales slip after we signed. Then they had all the math wrong, names misspelled, address wrong and even gave us the receipt for a different rig. The most unprofessional business deal I have ever been in. Working with Driftwood RV Center in south NJ, they have been great so far. Looked at Bens but they didnt have the unit we are looking for.
__________________
2015 Rockwood 2608

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 w/ Max Tow PKG

2016 - 26 nights camping (so far)
LIcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:52 AM   #8
Camp Bartender
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: York, PA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIcampers View Post
Thanks. They tried slipping in extras (at 1/3 of the cost of the rig)that appeared on our sales slip after we signed. Then they had all the math wrong, names misspelled, address wrong and even gave us the receipt for a different rig. The most unprofessional business deal I have ever been in. Working with Driftwood RV Center in south NJ, they have been great so far. Looked at Bens but they didnt have the unit we are looking for.
Same here, the math wasn't adding up right, and then we found they slipped a few grand of "processing and preparation" fees into the final numbers....said, NOPE! Went to Bens, got a bigger camper with more options, for less, with NO extra prep fees..... I hate even going to them to buy something I need. NO I don't need to add another year of Good Sam so I am paid up until 2065.
__________________
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Express, 5.7L HEMI
2015 Forest River Wildwood 28DBUD

2015: 7 Trips, 20 Nights Camped
2016: 7 Trips, 23 Nights Camped
2017: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped (so far)
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:14 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Blacknchromehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 273
Neighbors..

Stevesmith...Live in York PA as well...we have a Class A and when i wanted a new Forest River I went to Elkhart In to Total Value RV ...was the best deal I could have asked for...Camping world is fine for buying supplies but those idiots will never sell me something more than $100...and there service department is very poor...I deal with Johns RV here in Jacobus for any issues...if you see me on the road or a camp site stop and say hello
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12108738_10206462256268493_6329426226819043781_n.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	98065   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2942.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	543.6 KB
ID:	98066  
__________________
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:17 AM   #10
Camp Bartender
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: York, PA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
Stevesmith...Live in York PA as well...we have a Class A and when i wanted a new Forest River I went to Elkhart In to Total Value RV ...was the best deal I could have asked for...Camping world is fine for buying supplies but those idiots will never sell me something more than $100...and there service department is very poor...I deal with Johns RV here in Jacobus for any issues...if you see me on the road or a camp site stop and say hello
I definitely will! Nice looking rig!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Truck.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	98067  
__________________

__________________
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Express, 5.7L HEMI
2015 Forest River Wildwood 28DBUD

2015: 7 Trips, 20 Nights Camped
2016: 7 Trips, 23 Nights Camped
2017: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped (so far)
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.