Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #1

Future Class C Full Timer

Hello!

Looking at Forest River Class C products, doing some online research from owners and their experiences. I presently have a TT, it's my second. It's not big enough for myself, dog and cats. I am now in the 5th year of my 5 year plan to get on the road full time. I plan to have a winter HQ and travel the South/West, and a summer HQ to travel the North/West. Have lived on the East Coast all my life and am looking forward to exploring the West while I still have my health.

Happy to be here!
SJS1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #2

I have a SunSeeker 3100SS. 32 feet long with one slide. Storage isn't bad, but you have to watch weight. Adds up really fast. Almost 3 months for us at a time. 2 adults and 2 65 lb. dogs. I tow a car trailer for the ease of getting around. A light car and a mount for 2 bikes, plus I can back up anytime. We are ready to get out when we get home. Funny thing is, our RV with the slide out is bigger than our first apartment when we got married!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find the right C class for your needs. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #4

Thanks A32Deuce and aceinspp, for the kind words. I plan to get factory installed levelers (a must!), a tankless water heater, and a composting toilet. I like to dry camp occasionally too. I also have a home office, so will have solar, so a solar ready camper would be handy plus I'll upgrade the converter (for computer). An outdoor kitchen setup would also be handy, plus lots of storage. Really looking forward to hitting the road. Going from a 3 bedroom home to an RV means downsizing!
SJS1951 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c