Old 06-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #1

Gas furnace 2010 Rockwood Freedom 2318g

My furnace is not working. I have gas well my popup has gas also!! I checked the fuses and unless I am missing the one for the furnace they are fine. The electric receptical just above the heater is dead and also the one outside under the gas hookup. Does anyone have any ideas? Ty

Old 06-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #2

Although the cause of most non-interior AC receptacles not working is a tripped ground-fault receptacle in the kitchen or bathroom that they are daisy-chained off of, RV furnaces usually only require 12 volts. Are you getting nothing, not even fan, or just no heat?

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:46 PM   #3

I get nothing, I checked thebGFCI and the light is green.I don't have my battery hooked up because I use my generator or camp ground power. Ny electric winch which is a pre ice crap messes with my battery so I replace the winch with a manual one .
Old 06-18-2015, 11:12 PM   #4

No battery? You can blow out your converter using it without a battery hooked up. Reccomend you install a battery. Converters mainly charge the battery. The battery is what takes the load of the 12 volt appliances. Are your sure your converter did not trip or blow its main fuse? Are your sure you are getting 12 volts to the trailer cause the furnace will not do anything without 12 volts. Check the fuses on the converter itself. There are almost always 12 volt resettable breakers mounted at the battery location. Some furnaces do have a main fuse or a reset breaker that could have tripped. It may not be mounted in plain sight either. Worst case it could be the control board or the sail switch within the furnace that has failed and need replacing.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:41 PM   #5

Furnace works now

(OneRoomShed Trailer Tech) Thanks you fixed my problem sorry I didn't reply sooner. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me you. Jim
Old 06-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #6

No problem man. I'm glad I could help. That right there is the reason I joined this forum.

Tags
2318g, furnace, gas, rockwood