Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #1

Gems trailer help

My wife and I bought a forest river Fema trailer which is great, but we can't seem to beable to find the name of the model. We want to add tanks and would like to find out specs for them. Any help would really be appreciated.
michigannurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Just wondering how you know its a Forest River?

Does your trailer have a VIN? Maybe in a kitchen cupboard? If so, you might want to call Forest River directly. Here's a thread with various numbers.

If its tank sizes you are looking for, then you could estimate it by taking the measurements of the trailer and matching with an equivalent FR floor plan and look up the tank sizes they are currently using. But not sure you need to do that. I'm guessing that you could put in whatever fresh, black and gray water sizes you want as long as they fit.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #3

The trailer says manufactured by forest river on the outside of the trailer. Also wanted to know for insurance purposes. This my first trailer. Also I would like to say thank you for your advice and would love some recommendations on places to visit and activities for the family to visit
plus some cool recipes.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Got it!

I still suggest that you call FR with your VIN to get information on what model you have. The VIN should be on your title but can be found on the trailer somewhere.

Check out the "At the cookout" forum for recipes.

Michigan has lots of great camping. You can check here or post requests for CGs in your area.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #5

Fema had a ton of Gulfstream Cavaliers also. Have you looked in the cabinet over the sink? FR puts a big sticker/label there with Vin and weight info.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #6

You are awesome Triguy, you all have been great. I can't say enough good stuff about this forum.