Old 05-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #11

I was wondering how to combat that since a regular bed rail would not work she is pretty mobile during the night and is still in her crib. My husband was thinking of making a bed rail to fit in the area.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
Being especially vigilant is the key. In larger campgrounds you'll find there is constant traffic on the interior roads - from people entering and leaving, to bike traffic from the other kids, and golf carts, etc. Also there is a lot of "backing up" going on at those sites, and children can wander into blind spots in a heartbeat. They need to know territorial boundaries, but there should always be an adult with them when they are outside.

That being said, we raised our two camping from toddlerhood without serious incidents, but not without serious concerns. (Of course, they're now in their 30's and we STILL worry about them).
X2, well we have 3, two boys and a girl.
Since birth they been boating and camping, now 14, 12 and the little princess 8.
Just try childproofing the camper the best you can, and enjoy it all the time you have with them, they grow so fast! ...And don't forget a door alarm.

http://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Have three kids. DD 17, DD 11, and DS 6. They have all camped sence they were young. DS was only 2 weeks old for first trip so he has been a natural. Like everyone has said a watchful eye will stop most of the mishaps.

mackman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Everyone has had very good advice. Just remember though, even if your first trip doesn't go well, no one's first trip has ever really gone well! Don't give up! Each trip gets exponetially easier, and learn from your mistakes. Take many small trips close to home before venturing out on that long excursion. You'll all be camping pros before you know it!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
Site Team

Thumbs up to the great suggestions already provided! I love it when I see small children camping. Doing a couple of nights camping at home should help both of you feel more comfortable.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Thumbs up to the great suggestions already provided! I love it when I see small children camping. Doing a couple of nights camping at home should help both of you feel more comfortable.
We love camping we did it for many years before our pop up mishap... We even tried going back to a tent in the time between but we were spoiled with the pop up LOL. We can't wait to take her out. I know it will take a bit for her to get used to but it will be worth it. If we get our camper back from the dealer this weekend we will camp in our backyard.
Outdoor Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
Site Team

Don't forget to share some pictures if you don't mind. BTW great choice with the Salem Cruise Lite.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #18
Haulin' Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor Girl View Post

We love camping we did it for many years before our pop up mishap... We even tried going back to a tent in the time between but we were spoiled with the pop up LOL. We can't wait to take her out. I know it will take a bit for her to get used to but it will be worth it. If we get our camper back from the dealer this weekend we will camp in our backyard.
Dare I ask about the pop up mishap?
2 Dogs

KewlKamperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor Girl View Post
I was wondering how to combat that since a regular bed rail would not work she is pretty mobile during the night and is still in her crib. My husband was thinking of making a bed rail to fit in the area.
It has worked great for us. He is 6 now and still wiggles all over the place. We used the dinette cushion in the pop up, on the bottom bunk of the TT and now on tge top bunk of the TT. Hasn't failed us yet.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlKamperz View Post
Dare I ask about the pop up mishap?
LOL ... It was actually 2 ... The first one I was opening it up for the first time of the season and it was infested with the big black ants and I mean they ate holes in the screens and set up their colonies in both tent areas. It was disgusting they were falling off the ceiling in balls as I opened it and running out the doors. We ended up bombing the camper and patching the screens it took me a bit to be able to comfortably sleep in it without thinking things were crawling on me LOL

The second incident was 3 years ago we opened it up and my husband was looking into the tiny faces of about 5 mice they got in because when it was put away we had help and they did not tuck the tenting all the way in so they found a way in and destroyed the canvas on both ends. The smell of mouse pee was every where as it was soaked into the wood. We priced out replacement canvas and it would have cost more than the camper was worth. So we said we would never own a camper with canvas again. Not that they can't get into a hard sided camper.

Outdoor Girl is offline   Reply With Quote