Old 12-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #1

Good morning! New to forum and will need help!

So... We are searching for a hybrid or tt for our growing family. We have a 3 year old and twins on the way. We've outgrown the Aliner Scout. I love the process of researching, and trust me... I've read so much it's driving me nuts. Basically, we want to stay around 25' in length due to wanting to store it at home. So... Rockwood 2504s as a tt or 233s hybrid. I know the pros and cons of both... Just need your experience. Thanks!

Old 12-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #2

Well good morning, All I can say is that a Rockwood is a great trailer, even on the forum really not to many complaints. I think the Rockwood/ flagstaff line is one of FR best. I also would get the biggest TT you can. Also. You will need the room with the twins.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply! Actually, the only reason I would choose the hybrid over the tt is because of the larger floorplan and bed options when open. I cringe at the idea of still dealing with the cons of canvas after investing significant cash.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Well good morning, All I can say is that a Rockwood is a great trailer, even on the forum really not to many complaints. I think the Rockwood/ flagstaff line is one of FR best. I also would get the biggest TT you can. Also. You will need the room with the twins.
X2.

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:41 AM   #5
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeum View Post
Actually, the only reason I would choose the hybrid over the tt is because of the larger floorplan and bed options when open. I cringe at the idea of still dealing with the cons of canvas after investing significant cash.
then i would say for you to forget getting a hybrid. don't get a hybrid unless you love the idea of sleeping under canvas.

too many buyers are drawn to hybrids for the reasons you mentioned, only to turn around and get rid of it after one season, BECAUSE they didn't factor the canvas in. they end up not caring that they got more floorspace and sleeping capacity anymore.

most hybrid owners are former popup owners and want to continue the canvas experience but want less setup and more amenities.

by the way, it would help if you posted what you'll be towing with and its specs.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #6

Thanks and agreed. Our TV is a 2011 f150 5.0L with all the towing goodies. We've settled on the Rockwood 2504S. Now it's to decide if we order the unit locally or drive South to pick up and import into Canada. I can't believe the price differential!
Old 12-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeum View Post
Thanks and agreed. Our TV is a 2011 f150 5.0L with all the towing goodies. We've settled on the Rockwood 2504S. Now it's to decide if we order the unit locally or drive South to pick up and import into Canada. I can't believe the price differential!
which way is cheaper? But also remember warranty work. Check with the dealer in Canada and see if he's willing to do warranty work for a unit not bought from him. Also I wouldn't let him know you did not buy it yet.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #8

We are at a state park in Texas enjoying our 2504S. The Murphy bed is very comfortable and allows considerable space when raised during the day. I think you will be very happy with the 2504S where ever you purchase. Good luck and good camping.
Charliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliec View Post
We are at a state park in Texas enjoying our 2504S. The Murphy bed is very comfortable and allows considerable space when raised during the day. I think you will be very happy with the 2504S where ever you purchase. Good luck and good camping.
Thanks Charlie! Any issues where warranty repairs were needed? Do you have the 5.0 or eco and how does it pull?

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #10

The only issues so far was a busted a/c vent the dealer caught at PDI and a pantry dorr that was cracked. They have ordered replacements. I have the v6 Eco and it pulls like a dream. Also have equaliEr hitch and brake controller. We have used it 5 or 6 times since we picked it up October 24 and no issues. Great trailer.

Charliec is offline   Reply With Quote