Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Got our 2013 Rockwood 8319BSS WOOHOO!

I am so excited about our new trailer. I even typed the model wrong. It's a 8319SS. We are pulling it with 2006 Suburban with HD towing package. 4:10 rear end 8200 lbs towing capacity. Using an equalizer 4 pt hitch. Coming home it pulled like a dream. The truck and trailer felt like one unit. Never felt like that with my 2005 Jayco 29N. Didn't have this hitch. Had a chain type cheaper hitch. This hitch is definately worth the extra bucks. We are taking it on the maiden voyage next weekend to do a good shake down before going to Minnesota to see the grand kids at the end of May. We are from the Detroit Mich. area. I will take pictures of our rig next weekend. Any tips from anyone?

Bob-n-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Drinkin beer on the beach
Have fun!

2014 Silverado 2500 6.6L TD and 4X4
2011 Carson Standard Duty Car Hauler
2012 Forest River Stealth SK2112
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
Did you purchase from Vicars or A & S RV? We are getting our Flagstaff V-Lite from Westland Camping Center. They have been awesome. I pick up our V-Lite in a week. So excited!!!! I know how you feel.

Philip, DW, 3 DD, 1 DS, and Kadie our Dog
2013 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WTBS
2003 Ford Expedition 5.4 Liter with 3.73 Axle
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
48 Days of Camping Reserved for 2012
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
congrats on your new unit !
I would do a back yard camping trip before you leave to familiarize your self with the new unit ! that way theres less surprises when your hundreds of miles away !
welcome aboard
another good tip is to visit here for info >>>>Forest River FAQs - Forest River Forums
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
Thumbs up

I purchased from A & S. Has been agreat experience so far working with them. We will see.... I tried to get the same TT from Westland and Vickers last fall but the deals didn't happen. Good luck with your purchase. We looked at the "V" real close before we chose ours. That also is a great TT. We are going to Haas Lake this coming weekend. Only 25 miles from home. We live down river. Can't open the trailer at my house not enough space in the street.
Bob-n-Em is offline   Reply With Quote