Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #1

Greeting from Florida

We moved from CA to FL eight years ago (don't ask) and have wanted to get back into camping ever since so this year we finally bit the bullet and bought a 2012 LaCrosse at the Tampa RV show in Feb. I'm not sure why we settled on the LaCrosse except the salesman was very GOOD at his job. We have been camping once so far and even though we have been camping many many times in the past, this newfangled RV (compared to our 1978 Terry) had us stumped several times. We felt like Lucy and Desi in the movie "The Long, Long Trailer". It was a comedy of errors trying to figure out all the switches. One night we used four blankets to keep warm because we couldn't figure out how to turn on the heat without the smoke detector going off. I am so glad I found your forum.
ckon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome and gad to have you here!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of help for whatever you need.

So why did you move?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #3

Welcome and hope that you have figered out the new RV by now. If not ask questions some one here will have the ans. or help you find any info
billy bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
Welcome and gad to have you here!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of help for whatever you need.

So why did you move?
From what I am reading we will find answers for whatever questions we may have come up.
Moving was an impulse to be closer to family but the summer weather and all the upkeep on everything here has us ready to move.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
Welcome and hope that you have figered out the new RV by now. If not ask questions some one here will have the ans. or help you find any info
Thanks, it looks like you have been here for a few years so you probably know all the ins and outs. So far from what I am reading, this is going to be a very helpful forum.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #6

welcome to the HEAT. Afew newbies( like myself) are staying in touch in fl. We are looking at a group getting togeather , so look us up. You will enjoy camping here.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
welcome to the HEAT. Afew newbies( like myself) are staying in touch in fl. We are looking at a group getting togeather , so look us up. You will enjoy camping here.
Thanks for letting me know. It's always fun in a group.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #8

Welcome... we also went to the same RV Show, but ended up purchasing a barely used 2011 Rockwood TT we were lucky to find on Craigs List.

The learning curve over the past couple of months has been agressive. This forum & YouTube have been invaluable resources.

FreedomTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomTracker View Post
Welcome... we also went to the same RV Show, but ended up purchasing a barely used 2011 Rockwood TT we were lucky to find on Craigs List.

The learning curve over the past couple of months has been agressive. This forum & YouTube have been invaluable resources.

That RV show was so big that we were overwhelmed with all the different manufacturers but so far we are happy with our purchase. I agree that we have to do our homework and this forum helps a lot. I will have to check out YouTube next. Good luck with your TT. It sounds like you made a great find.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #10

For Florida camping sites, you may want to check out "FLORIDA CAMPING the complete guide to Tent & RV Camping" at www.moon.com . This 660-page book is the most complete I've seen... rates facilities on 1-10 scale.

DW and I have been trying to see most of the parks rated a 10 and have not been disappointed yet.

Also, check out www.reserveamerica.com 800-326-3521 for online state park reservations...

FreedomTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #11

We are new to motorhoming. We upgraded from tent camping to a travel trailer in aug 2011 and just upgraded to our FR sun seeker 3120ds. We love it. Glad to do d this forum and a FL group. We will be camping thru the summer and will try to post those impromptu trips
Ljqvgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #12

Welcome. I have several camping trips posted. Some are trying to get togeather as a group. Look forward to seeing ya round the campfire.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckon40 View Post
We moved from CA to FL eight years ago (don't ask) and have wanted to get back into camping ever since so this year we finally bit the bullet and bought a 2012 LaCrosse at the Tampa RV show in Feb. I'm not sure why we settled on the LaCrosse except the salesman was very GOOD at his job. We have been camping once so far and even though we have been camping many many times in the past, this newfangled RV (compared to our 1978 Terry) had us stumped several times. We felt like Lucy and Desi in the movie "The Long, Long Trailer". It was a comedy of errors trying to figure out all the switches. One night we used four blankets to keep warm because we couldn't figure out how to turn on the heat without the smoke detector going off. I am so glad I found your forum.
Man,that Lacrosse is a nice RV! Anyways welcome.And always remember."TRAILER BRAKES FIRST"

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote