Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #1

Greetings From Alberta Canada

My wife "D", (yes "just D" as she tells anyone who asks) and I have been enthusiastic campers since we first met twelve years ago.

At that time we would pack the station wagon with our gear, dogs, kids, 2 daughters from D's previous marriage as well as a foster daughter and drive to a different campground almost every weekend, where we would pitch our tent, hike, bike and roast marshmallows to our heart's content until the end of the weekend came and we were forced to return to the city only to do it again the following weekend.

Not surprisingly the kids one by one decided they had had enough of their parents and stayed home during the weekends preferring instead the adventures the teenage years would bring having the house all to themselves.

As I mentioned, we began our adventures in a tent, then graduated to a larger tent, a tent trailer, a small 5th wheel and finally a 5th wheel with most of the conveniences of home.

Which brings us to the present day.

The last of our children have left the nest, we have visited many of Alberta's magnificent campgrounds adding to the list almost every weekend and enjoy meeting folks just like yourselves, interested in the brief escape camping brings. Should you have any questions about campgrounds in our corner of the world, let us know and we will do best to help you out.

Soon we will begin to explore the rest of Canada as well as the US of A and have already learned so much from the posts on this website. Thanks so much to all those who have posted!

Happy Camping!

Rod & D
Alberta's Campgrounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #2

I just may have some questions for you, we are looking for a nice campgound at the end of Sept
Kevin
TF-Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum from smoggy Ontario.

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #4

Welcome from another Canadian (Ontario). Glad to have you aboard. We are in Quebec just now and hope to go on to the Maritimes as well. Hope you can make it out our way sometime. Old Guys
Old 07-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #5

The camping is a fun and leisure activity for a family to spend sometime together at a peaceful and relaxing place which would make you forget all your worries and stresses.
It is a good idea to do camping every weekend. I also have a great fondness of camping and adventure and I have almost been to all the campgrounds in my area in California. The Kings Canyon National Park camping is a memorable and thrilling experience of my life. I am also much keen about camping in other states of the country.
Kathy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #6

Welcome from another one in Ontario.

I love Glamping (Glamorous Camping), I get to spend time with my better half - the kids have left the nest, we're still pretty busy with work. Retiring in 3-4 years.

A worthwhile pause to enjoy life, nature and each other, all with the comforts of home.

Enjoy the summer - we are.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #7

Would you share some little known gems for weekend camping near calgary? We're having trouble finding available spots. Reservations 6 months in advance seems to be the rule. We can't leave early on Friday so the first come first served spots are gone. We need 34 feet which is the other big limiting factor.
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #8

Welcome to a fellow Albertan

We spend a lot of our time in the Slave Lake area. Mostly Faust Alberta.
Slave Lake is Great and the fishing is Awesome.
D&GM is offline   Reply With Quote