Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2018, 10:18 PM   #1

Greetings from Chesapeake VA

We’re a Coast Guard family of 7. Our RV adventures began in 2002, when we rented a Class C MH from Cruise America for a PCS move from Mississippi to Alaska. At the time, it was just me, the wife, and our yellow lab Bodie. We were concerned Bodie wouldn’t be comfortable in the backseat of our Toyota truck for the long trip, hence the decision to rent a MH. Guess where he spent the entire trip… between our 2 seats. We rented from Cruise America once again in 2004 for our cross-country move from Alaska to Massachusetts, this time with baby #1 and Bodie. We very much enjoyed RVing and knew we would eventually want our very own. Fast forward to 2013 and 5 kids later (no Bodie though ☹), we bought our first RV, a used 29’ 2000 Coachmen Santara Class C, for a cross-country move from Virginia to Oregon. We started off with 4 kids sleeping over the cab, and 1 down below on the pull-out couch. For our return trip to Virginia in 2015, we now had 3 kids sleeping over the cab, one on the couch, and one at the dinette. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed the adventures and tribulations in our 18yr old MH, but we’ve simply outgrown it. Plus, the DIY maintenance was growing exponentially. Looking for more sleeping room, we knew our next MH would need a bunkhouse. After several months of searching, reviewing forums like this, and RV Shows, we finally settled on a 2018 Coachmen Freelander 31BH. We’re picking up our new unit this weekend!! And to think this all started out to ensure our four legged friend had room to roam during a cross-country PCS move. Thank you Bodie!

Old MH - 2000 Coachmen Santara 292SO
New MH - 2018 Coachmen Freelander 31BH
Bodiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:43 AM   #2

Welcome from SW Ohio , enjoy your MH ! Thank you for your military service.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:18 AM   #3

Hi Brian,

Greetings from Virginia Beach! Enjoy your new rig! Are you gonna be going to the RV show at the VB Convention Center this weekend? Ya never know what goodies you might find. I've been pimping my ride, and SWMBO and I will be heading out there to see what we just can't live without.

Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:59 AM   #4

Welcome from the shore.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerjoe View Post
Hi Brian,

Greetings from Virginia Beach! Enjoy your new rig! Are you gonna be going to the RV show at the VB Convention Center this weekend? Ya never know what goodies you might find. I've been pimping my ride, and SWMBO and I will be heading out there to see what we just can't live without.

Thanks. Not likely to attend this year. We'll be pretty busy with PDI and transferring gear and equip from the old rig to the new rig this weekend. Have fun!

Old MH - 2000 Coachmen Santara 292SO
New MH - 2018 Coachmen Freelander 31BH
Bodiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:25 PM   #6

Welcome from southern Virginia !!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote