Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #1

Greetings from Georgia!

Hi All,
I am rather jumping the gun here as my husband and I are not quite ready to buy the 5th wheel. With two in college and a senior we have at least a year but we REALLY want the Columbus - either 365RL or 320RS. We have camped regularly all our lives, tent, popup and currently a Heartland trailer but I'd like to get e feel for FR products and really know what we are going into when we do get the 5th Wheel. I know these forums provide great information and support and I'd love to hear from any owners of a Columbus as to what they love about their unit and things to look out for.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #2

Can't help with the Columbus, but welcome from Wv.
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
Site Team

Hello from So Cal! You should be able to get a good idea of what to expect from Fr 5th wheels in this link.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #4

We live in north Georgia and purchased a Prime Time Crusader 330MKS last year. We love it and have had no issues at all. Where do you like to camp in Georgia?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
C. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #5
Camper Less Camping

Welcome from SE GA...a lot can happen in a year, with new floor plans coming out continuously, who knows what you may end up with!

Sent via Cajun Po-Boy's Tech Gear

Old 10-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #6

Welcome from South Louisiana

We to are newbies to this forum. We just bought a 2015 Columbus 320rs last week. Left dealship and went stright to campground for 1 night, will take it out again next weekend. So far we love ours several small minor issues but have been resolved. Pulls great.

Good luck, I think you will happy with the Columbus
Geaux_Jeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:04 PM   #7

We come from North Georgia too - Roswell and our preference is to camp on the state parks, the favorite being Vogel, having said that I also love ST George Island SP.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #8
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
Hi All,
I am rather jumping the gun here as my husband and I are not quite ready to buy the 5th wheel. With two in college and a senior we have at least a year but we REALLY want the Columbus - either 365RL or 320RS. We have camped regularly all our lives, tent, popup and currently a Heartland trailer but I'd like to get e feel for FR products and really know what we are going into when we do get the 5th Wheel. I know these forums provide great information and support and I'd love to hear from any owners of a Columbus as to what they love about their unit and things to look out for.
Welcome to the forum from a southerly neighbor! The one thing I wished someone had told me BEFORE looking at 5th wheel rigs - get the biggest tow vehicle you can afford. That way you don't limit yourself as to what you can purchase. In my case, I bought a RAM 1500 Hemi and couldn't tow more than 10K so we always had to be very, very weight conscious even with the Flagstaff Classic Ultra-Lite.... A RAM 3500 DRW fixed all that for us, allowed us to move up to a Cedar Creek 38FL, and never really worry about the weight.....
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote