Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #1

Greetings from Nebraska!

Hello all,

We purchased our first travel trailer last month -- a Surveyor Select SV-294. Have taken it out three times since and love the experience! A little bummed - had to winterize and park it yesterday. We are planning on hauling it down to Florida at the end of December for a week at Walt Disney World. It will be our third trip there, but first with a camper. Can't wait!

Bill

BigRedBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome Bill!
Good luck with your new rv! Post us on the trip later!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #3

Welcome fellow Nebraskan! We also bought a tt about two months ago. Had a great year with one more (chilly) trip this weekend.
glad to hear your heading to Disney. I will be interested to hear how it goes as we've thought about a similar trip.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #4

That's going to be quite a haul from Nebraska to FL-Disney! Hope to hear about it.

Don and Laura + Roo
Chesapeake, VA
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #5

Hey, Bill! I live in the Omaha area, too. Where do you do most of your camping? We mostly camp at Branched Oak because we have a boat and love the water. We are new RV owners, just got a Rockwood fifth wheel, and are looking for fellow RVers in the area.
ehannesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehannesson View Post
Hey, Bill! I live in the Omaha area, too. Where do you do most of your camping? We mostly camp at Branched Oak because we have a boat and love the water. We are new RV owners, just got a Rockwood fifth wheel, and are looking for fellow RVers in the area.
We bought our camper a little late in the season last year. We have been to Fremont and Two Rivers here, also Kansas City, and in January we drove down to Ft. Wilderness at Walt Disney World. That was one heck of a drive. We haven't camped at Branched Oak yet, but plan on it. We have a jet ski we like to shoot around the lake in.

There is a facebook group called Nebraska and Iowa Campers. Many are from this area and plan out gatherings throughout the year. If you have a facebook account, you ought to join that group.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #7

Also from Omaha. I have yet to take the camper out but that should change next weekend. I'm planning a trip to Storm Lake to check things out with the new camper and new TV (two for one!). I've been RV grounded until the new TV was broke in.

Two Rivers is one of my favorite places to camp. I got my park stickers for the season but that's as far as I got. I have a trip to Wisconsin and the Ozarks on the books for this season.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #8

OK; Fremont

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBill View Post
We bought our camper a little late in the season last year. We have been to Fremont and Two Rivers here, also Kansas City, and in January we drove down to Ft. Wilderness at Walt Disney World. That was one heck of a drive. We haven't camped at Branched Oak yet, but plan on it. We have a jet ski we like to shoot around the lake in.

There is a facebook group called Nebraska and Iowa Campers. Many are from this area and plan out gatherings throughout the year. If you have a facebook account, you ought to join that group.
OK I fell for it. I joined the FB group and met the group out at Fremont SRA over the weekend. I was a little concerned about meeting so many new people all at one time but I can't remember the last time I ate so well camping. They know what they're doing and it was great fun for the whole family. I'm looking forward to another campout now.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #9

I saw the pics on Facebook -- it looked like a good time. Too bad the weather wasn't perfect for the weekend. I would have liked to have gone as I have not met anyone from the group. My son has baseball most Saturdays through the end of June which is hampering my ability to take our camper out.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #10

Saturday turned out to be a pretty nice day. Sunday too. It didn't start raining until I was all the way home and trying to unhook my trailer and level it out. That's just how it goes with me. I say I'm lucky to have Saturday and Sunday dry while camping. Friday it hailed on my truck right as we parked in our camp spot. Luckily it was just pea stuff but the timing was incredible.