Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #1

Greetings from Ontario Canada

HI all, my wife and I recently purchased a 2005 SV240 from a good friend of ours. In the past, I have had a motorhome, a trailer, a tent trailer and a park model. Long story short, we sold the tent trailer 2 years ago after being flooded out and "not having fun"anymore... I recently accepted a job promotion approx 2hrs from where we live, and have been staying in a motel for the last few weeks. We picked up the Surveyor for me to primarily use as a residence Mon-Fri, with occasional weekends away with the boss up there. We are taking it up to a seasonal park tomorrow morning and getting it all set up. We bought the surveyor because hopefully once we get our house sold and relocate, we will be able to do some travelling again, and it was the right size to tow with the wifes Grand Cherokee. I have the local phone/internet provider coming this week to get me hooked up, as far as TV I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet but likely satellite. Has anybody ever hardwired in a phone jack system in one of these? I'm thinking of mounting a jack box in the frt side storage compartment, then wiring it inot a jack in the trailer. OPen to suggestions, and I'll be sure to post pics when we get all set up!

Andrew & Tracy
Plattsville, Ontario

2005 SV240 Surveyor
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Foxmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to FRF from Apsley (between Bancroft & Peterborough).

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #3

Welcome to the site. We had a land phone and bell put a box on the sat. dish tripod outside the TT. We then used telephone extension cords to plug the phone in the trailer. This will allow you to disconnect the phone when you want to travel.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #4

Welcome from Stratford On. Are you going to Plattsville or leaving there. I was just talking to a nice lady from there on Wednesday night. She was surprised I knew about it until I told her I grew up in New Hamburg and met lots of kids from there at Waterloo-Oxford H.S. Good luck with the new job. If it is Hanover area it is a great little town as well. Old Guys