Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #1

Greetings from SC

Hello all! We're proud owners of a 2013 VLite 28WRBS, double slide TT and we're thrilled to have found this forum! We're not complete newbies but we have only been camping for about a year so welcome any tips and advice that you have to offer!
Heldapay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb6262
Hello all! We're proud owners of a 2013 VLite 28WRBS, double slide TT and we're thrilled to have found this forum! We're not complete newbies but we have only been camping for about a year so welcome any tips and advice that you have to offer!
Welcome aboard. My sister lives in Florence SC
wv campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #3

Thanks so much!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum!

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #5

Thumbs up Welcome...

I was born in SC....
bear11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #6

What city?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:18 AM   #7

Greenville....Actually born in Fork Shoals.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #8

We are considering this RV. What are its bad points...we know the good stuff and really like what we see.
golfprobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #9

Welcome. Suggest first do a search on FRF to see what has previously been posted in your areas of interest.

If you still have questions suggest post a "specific" Q and lots of folks will be ready to help.
FreedomTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #10

Welcome! I'm just down the road from you.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfprobie View Post
We are considering this RV. What are its bad points...we know the good stuff and really like what we see.

With the exception of our sway problem, we've been pleased overall with our V-Lite. We've gotten several comments from other campers about what a nice looking rig it is so that helps to negate most everything that I'm about to tell you!

Please don't buy the V-Lite if you are doing it for better gas mileage or because you think it will pull better. Neither are true. We get the same mileage pulling this as we did with our 34' Mountaineer. This trailer also has a low tongue weight and we have had to make quite a few adjustments in order to correct sway, the biggest being a switch from friction sway control to a dual cam sway control. Since that was done we have had no major issues.

The only complaint that we now have with it is the small amount of pantry space and outside storage space but unless we take several guests, the space has been adequate. We did after all go from a 34' unit to a 28' so it has been an adjustment having less storage space.

I would suggest that you test the air mattress before using it the first time to make sure it doesn't leak. On our first trip, we woke up to find two eight year olds sound asleep on a completely flat air mattress!! Luckily, they didn't seem to mind! We are now waiting on our third air mattress to arrive after the first replacement developed a huge lump in the middle. Both have been easily replaced under warranty and from what I can gather, air mattress issues are not unique to Forest River! We keep a spare in the camper just in case. I would also suggest that you store it somewhere other than folded in the sofa. We were told that it could be pinched & cause it to leak. We now store ours behind and slightly underneath the sofa in the storage bag.

Please keep in mind that these are merely obervances from our own experiences that I hope will help you should you decide to buy one. If we had it all to do over again, we would have kept our Mountaineer..... but only because it was paid for! All in all, we have thoroughly enjoyed our V-Lite.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
Site Team

to the forums and congrats on your new 2013 VLite 28WRBS! Would recommend checking out the other forums for tips on your RV. Feel welcome to share some pictures too.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #13

Smile Rockwood 8281ws 2013

Just purchased this one to replace the one we had totaled. So now we need to make a couple of shake down runs to make sure everything works.