Old 07-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #1

Hello all,
Newbie Peter here. In Alaska and think our family (of four) needs a trailer.

Right in the middle of a deal on an rpod 177. We have a 06 Kia Sedona and need to determine if we are going to be able to pull it safely (see my thread in the towing sub-forum).

Also, I wounder if anyone here with bad allergies/asthma could tell me about their experience in the rpods. Guess formaldehyde is used in the construction one our sons is allergic to it. We would like to know if it was a problem for others and how fast it dissipated if it did.

Thanks in advance,

spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Welcome to the forum. It took a long time for the "new trailer" smell to dissipate from our trailer. It lessened with time. At first it was so strong that when we first went in after it had been closed up awhile, we couldn't breathe. We would have to open it up and let it air out for a few hours before we could go in for any amount of time. It was probably about 2 years before we didn't notice "the smell" when first entering the trailer after it had been closed for awhile, so it was obviously still "venting off", although it didn't bother us after we opened a few windows. I don't know how it would be for someone allergic to it.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (12 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Can't really help you with your question but wanted to Welcome you to the forum!! Hope everything goes smoothly and you can make the deal on the new camper!!!
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote