Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #1

Hello!

We just bought a 2013 Flagstaff fifth wheel at the RV show at Great Adventure last weekend. Had a fifth wheel for a few years, and loved it, but sold it about 5 years ago. I'm really looking forward to getting this new one home so that I can look at it again and explore all of the cool new features it has that our old one didn't. We pick it up next Thursday, which seems a long way off.

I'm glad I stumbled across this forum, and look forward to reading and sharing.
jrsydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydeb
We just bought a 2013 Flagstaff fifth wheel at the RV show at Great Adventure last weekend. Had a fifth wheel for a few years, and loved it, but sold it about 5 years ago. I'm really looking forward to getting this new one home so that I can look at it again and explore all of the cool new features it has that our old one didn't. We pick it up next Thursday, which seems a long way off.

Welcome to the forum !
Congrats on the new 5er !
What model did you get ? Post up pics when you can !

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #3

Thanks Turbo

We bought the 8528 IKWS model - really like the the layout. I'll take some pics when we get it home. Our old one was 28' with one slide - this one is 32' with three slides - what a difference! We never felt cramped in the old one, but this one seems so spacious. I'm really excited about it. We've got a weekend planned in mid-October at a local campground with my children and grandchildren, and neices and their families, (some in campers, others in tents). It should be fun, and probably not a bad idea for our first outing to be close to home. Hopefully we'll get out in it a few times this year.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
TeresaInCAL

Congrats, and welcome!!
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
Site Team

to the FR forums! Your upcoming campout sounds like a lot of fun! Great idea. Are you all staying in different campsites or did you opt for the group camping?

Ditto on the pictures suggestion.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new 5er!! I hope it serves you well for many many years
Not_So_Mini-Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #7

That IKWS is one awesome camper!
If that model had been available two years ago, we would own one as well. It as close to perfect as anything I have seen in that size. And two superslides in a "28-foot" fifth? Unreal!
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydeb

We almost went with that model...it's a very good looking camper!
Happy Camping

Old 09-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #9

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone.

Bakken - it really is an awesome layout - really seems to make great use of the space. This camper is 31' 2", so it isn't that much bigger than our old one, but the slides and the layout really make the most of the space. The third slide is just a small one - a closet bumpout in the bedroom, but it does add a decent amount of wardrobe space. Bathroom is tiny, but has enough room to do what needs to be done. Brings up an interesting question though. We were told by several dealers that model number doesn't indicate length any more. Were we misinformed?

Terier, we've all got individual sites at a state park for our upcoming family outing, but in the same area. Looking forward to it.

Just five more days 'til we bring the camper home... (but who's counting?)
Old 09-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #10

Congrats on the new trailer. Love that new trailer feeling. Good luck.
Attached Images

Tarcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydeb View Post
Brings up an interesting question though. We were told by several dealers that model number doesn't indicate length any more. Were we misinformed?
Ours is a 2011, also a "28" model, and is the same length as yours, Actually, it is the same body, just a different layout. I was once told that the model number length, 28 feet in this case, was the usable length inside the camper. But I am having a hard time finding those 3 extra feet!
One thing for sure, Flagstaff builds a very nice camper. We always get compliments at every campground we stay at, and I KNOW you will for sure. There just aren't that many IKWS campers out there.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #12

Now I'm curious...I guess I'll have to get out the tape measure when we get it home. Maybe the 31'2" length in the brochure is the total external, all the way to the end of the hitch. Whether 28' or 31', I think it's got plenty of room for us. Four more days...
Old 09-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #13

Yes, the 31+ feet is the total length from the nose to the rear bumper.
And I agree that whatever the length, there is lots of room!