Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #1

Hello!

So I am new to all this camper stuff! My husband and I are looking to sell our home and I am going to be living with my kiddos at a different location until it does. We are having quite the time looking for trailers to live in full time with the 3 kids! We will be in MN where the wind blows so it can get cold. We are going to be putting rv skirting around the bottom as well as hay/straw bales. We will be living at my parents so a regular mobile home is out of the question it has to be movable. The one floor plan we really like is the Puma 32DBKS Triple Slide Out Triple Bunks Bunkhouse Travel Trailer with Outside Kitchen by Palomino
Puma P32DBKS
I wish the master was bigger but to really get what we want it would cost almost 30,000 more and we aren't up for that! Anyway I would appreciate any and all advice for a newbie and even those with kids I know in the summer we will be outside a lot I am concerned with the space for winter time! I also like it cold we keep our big house at 60 in the winter!
Thanks Abby
abagailmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #2

We also loved the sabre 36QBOK but we don't feel there is enough space in the main area we spend 90 percent of our time together and the kiddos rarely play in their room. (I am sure that will change the older they get) They are all under the age of 7 right now!
abagailmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
Always Learning

I can't help you with the cold weather stuff. I can tell you- my 9 year old happily hangs out back in the bunkhouse by herself (with a book or iPod or just the TV/DVD player). When we had teenage cousins with us- they happily hung out back there on their phones and I think they even watched a movie or two.

The main living area can feel cramped. It's a little short on counter-space until you flip up the galley extension. To make the love seat more comfortable, we bought a collapsible/foldable double-ottoman. It's made a huge difference. Add in a couple of throw pillows and we'll be set.