Originally Posted by DoctorT68
So glad to find this forum. I feel like I have a place to turn for help. We're upgrading from a Jayco Hybrid 16 to a 32' Sunseeker! Very excited, but overwhelmed and undereducated.
Some of my big questions and concerns:
1. Extended Warranty? Dealer says factory is only limited and strongly encouraging me to buy a 4500.00 set of warranties! My bullshit alarm is going off and I think I'm going to say no, but hope it's the right decision.
2. I bought insurance through National General (GoodSam). It was 700.00 cheaper than Metlife and seemed to be much better coverage. But the dealer is telling me its B rated insurance and I won't be happy.
3. I am buy max vents so that I can keep the vents open in the rain, but this is the only add on I'm doing through the dealer. Is there something I am going to wish I had bought and/or installed?
4. I'm tired of googling to learn how to maintain my RV correctly. Is there one place/book/site I can go to learn all that I need to?
5. Is GoodSams a Good Company? I bought roadside assistance from them and hope I didn't make a mistake and get screwed. Better option?
Phew, if anyone has the time, I'd sure appreciate as many opinions as I can get.
Thanks everyone and good to be here!
1. Check with the one year extension warranty from FR. Dealer is wanting to make extra $$$. Use your RV as much as possible to find any and (hopefully) all issues to get repaired under warranty.
2. We also got insurance through GS and made sure it's for replacement. We found it to be the better price at the time. You'll find all kinds of opinions here.
3. We found Maxx Vents to restrict airflow, so opted for Fantastic Fans w/rain sensor -- and they work great!
4. Not sure what you mean as far as maintaining your RV correctly. Manuals and this forum are great help whether it be outside or inside maintenance.
5. Roadside assistance sounds like a pretty good deal from what we've heard and read. We have it and haven't had to use it so far.
Good luck and happy camping!