Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #1

Smile Hello All! Picking Up My Sunseeker 3050FS Friday!! Any Advice Please?

Hi Everyone!

So glad to find this forum. I feel like I have a place to turn for help. We're upgrading from a Jayco Hybrid 16 to a 32' Sunseeker! Very excited, but overwhelmed and undereducated.

Some of my big questions and concerns:

1. Extended Warranty? Dealer says factory is only limited and strongly encouraging me to buy a 4500.00 set of warranties! My bullshit alarm is going off and I think I'm going to say no, but hope it's the right decision.

2. I bought insurance through National General (GoodSam). It was 700.00 cheaper than Metlife and seemed to be much better coverage. But the dealer is telling me its B rated insurance and I won't be happy.

3. I am buy max vents so that I can keep the vents open in the rain, but this is the only add on I'm doing through the dealer. Is there something I am going to wish I had bought and/or installed?

4. I'm tired of googling to learn how to maintain my RV correctly. Is there one place/book/site I can go to learn all that I need to?

5. Is GoodSams a Good Company? I bought roadside assistance from them and hope I didn't make a mistake and get screwed. Better option?

Phew, if anyone has the time, I'd sure appreciate as many opinions as I can get.

Thanks everyone and good to be here!

Bill
DoctorT68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorT68 View Post
Hi Everyone!

So glad to find this forum. I feel like I have a place to turn for help. We're upgrading from a Jayco Hybrid 16 to a 32' Sunseeker! Very excited, but overwhelmed and undereducated.

Some of my big questions and concerns:

1. Extended Warranty? Dealer says factory is only limited and strongly encouraging me to buy a 4500.00 set of warranties! My bullshit alarm is going off and I think I'm going to say no, but hope it's the right decision.

2. I bought insurance through National General (GoodSam). It was 700.00 cheaper than Metlife and seemed to be much better coverage. But the dealer is telling me its B rated insurance and I won't be happy.

3. I am buy max vents so that I can keep the vents open in the rain, but this is the only add on I'm doing through the dealer. Is there something I am going to wish I had bought and/or installed?

4. I'm tired of googling to learn how to maintain my RV correctly. Is there one place/book/site I can go to learn all that I need to?

5. Is GoodSams a Good Company? I bought roadside assistance from them and hope I didn't make a mistake and get screwed. Better option?

Phew, if anyone has the time, I'd sure appreciate as many opinions as I can get.

Thanks everyone and good to be here!

Bill
1. Check with the one year extension warranty from FR. Dealer is wanting to make extra $$$. Use your RV as much as possible to find any and (hopefully) all issues to get repaired under warranty.

2. We also got insurance through GS and made sure it's for replacement. We found it to be the better price at the time. You'll find all kinds of opinions here.

3. We found Maxx Vents to restrict airflow, so opted for Fantastic Fans w/rain sensor -- and they work great!

4. Not sure what you mean as far as maintaining your RV correctly. Manuals and this forum are great help whether it be outside or inside maintenance.

5. Roadside assistance sounds like a pretty good deal from what we've heard and read. We have it and haven't had to use it so far.

Good luck and happy camping!
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:26 AM   #3

Thanks for the great reply Skip. I really appreciate it. I agree with the FR warranty. Funny how the dealer didn't even mention it to me.

Bill

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
DoctorT68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:51 AM   #4
Wait till next year...

I believe 1yr extension is trailer only, you'll find the individual components of your rig have varying lengths of warranty coverage, you should receive big package of all the different appliances, you should have a years worth of Coachnet service with a new unit also Ford has roadside I think for 3yrs, i opted out of dealer extra warranty will look into additional coverage after 1st year,best place to find out how to maintain your unit is right here. The search box at the top of the page will let you find specific answers to most problems you may encounter. Using the sunseeker a lot the first couple of weeks is i think the most important advice i'd give. You'll never find any problems unless you use it and even if its a weekend in the driveway. Better to find how it operates early than on an extended trip
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:39 AM   #5
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome. Better choice for coverage is the one offered by FR. I bought it and it covers a lot more than just the trailer. Looks like about everything including appliances,stereos water heaters Etc. Get a copy from dealer to read it's is only one page. You must summit the forum to FR within 10 days of purchase and is only $150. Dealer should fill in top part with trailer info. I found that most things that happen do so within the 2 year span. As said get out as often as you can to get the bugs out. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:00 AM   #6

Welcome from Georgia. You probably know more than me about your questions, but you should get good info here. I have.

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2018 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #7
Citrus County, Fl.

X2 on the FR extended warranty only available on towables. However, most of the installed items carry a two year or more warranty and some of them offer extended warranties. I just checked on the 12 cu ft fridge while registering mine and Dometic will extend the warranty to 5 years for $219.90. On the dealer offered extended warranty, bear in mind they get a huge commision for selling them.

Good Sams roadside assistance is good but you should not need it for your coach for at least the first year and as others have stated, Ford has road side assistance as well.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #8
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Granted most of the installed items carry 2 year warranty. I just mentioned what the FR warranty does provide as info. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, sunseeker