Old 08-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
Angry Hello and VERY unhappy with our product

My husband and i bought a 2008 Wildwood Blitz in January. We towed it to the campground that we paid good money for (May 1st through Oct 31). we used it for 6-7 weeks. It has been at the dealership since the week of July 5th. Sprung 2 mega leaks causing major cabinet damage. Now we are out the camper payment and the money we paid to use the spot at the campground. the dealer and manufacturer are going back and forth (including phone tag) for authorizations etc. Now, the manufacturer wants to pick it up in mid-August for repairs. Lord only knows how long that will take. FYI do not by this model. It is too good to be true. Oh, and I fully intend on getting a refund for all the money I am out while we have been paying for something we haven't been able to use.

rwiener1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
AKA Bluebird
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Sorry to hear about your problem. Good luck on getting a refund (compensatory damages) from the manufacturer. Maybe the campground will be willing to work something out with you on your lot rent.

Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Good Sam is working on legislation for an RV "Lemon Law" which as of now does not exist but unfortunately it will only be applicable to motorhomes as far as I know. Hopefully they can get it for all RVs and get it through the government. I think if I were you guys I would let FR fix the unit and then trade it in immediately for something different.

Good luck.
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
Site Team
It looks to me like one of those hurricane trailers.
Very few windows and very few options and apparently very
cheaply made ;-(
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Sorry to hear of your problems. Unfortunately it is the same no matter what level you buy at. Our motorhome was back at the dealership for over two months when we first got it. Fortunatley this was during a time frame when we would not be using it but it really stinks that FR doesn't do a very good job of testing their products before they leave the factory. In your case a simple air pressure test on the water lines would have detected the leak and could have avoided the damage you incurred. Our case was simply small things, a missing counter extension, which took three times to get the color right, a radio that didn't work at all, map lights that didn't work. We had to take it back again after the dealership had it for 2 months to get the work completed as well as other things we found not working, shorted cable wiring from the rear to the front. I ended up running all new cable myself to resolve this issue since the dealership just rewired the cable s which still left the rear TV without reception. 252 miles round trip twice at about 8 mpg and gas was over $3 a gallon. Not cheap for their mistakes and no reimbursement. Our dealership did top off our propane tank once though. FR may have pefected the mass production of RVs but haven't figured out how to do it without all the problems they dump on their customers. The only thing is they are not alone. You'll read the same thing about other manufacturers as well. They may be Made in America but it doesn't give you a whole lot to be proud of when you hear of all the problems that are just a result of creating quantity not quality.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote

camper, dealer, happy, manufacturer