Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #1

Smile Hello Everybody :)

We are fairly new to the forum after y_n_r told us about it as they are friends We bought a new Salem Hemisphere last year 24rbud 2011, and a 2011 Ford F150 XLT...bought them in August and used the trailer until the end of October and loved it...we have been planning a trip to the west from Ontario travelling through Canada and back through the states...Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore etc to get back really excited as we are leaving June 23 for 3 whole weeks...any tips would be greatly appreciated...all campsites have been booked and we are excited to head out on the trails
Oh ya, we are from Ramara Ontario just outside Orillia...

John & Nancy
methern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Young & Restless

'Bout time

Hey methern,

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to some great glamping this summer.
Tips:
1. DO talk to strangers...they have interesting and valuable info.
2. A GPS is great....but doesn't replace the old fashioned hard copy map.
3. Don't bother pushing that "INFO" button on your dash to check the gas mileage on your TV.....you are on vacation and the last thing that matters is how much it's costing you.... LOL
4. Take advantage of EVERY rest stop and check your wheels and fridge temp to ensure your refreshments will be cold when you "get there".
5. Don't count on internet at all campgrounds...they don't always work as promised. Plan on being out of touch....Isn't that the reason you are going away anyway?
6. Come back and tell us all about your trip with lots of pics.
7. Have lots of FUN!!!!!

Rob & Yvonne

2011 Flagstaff Classic Lite 8528RLWS
2010 Toyota Tundra TRD SR5 Dbl Cab
Y_n_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #3

Lol

So I won't be talking to you? LOL
I thought you were one of my oldest friends and I didn't mean age wise, so you should know me by now...I have a binder with tabs, google map for every location to and from and the confirmations of our campsites with them....now you know why my daughter is a teacher and so organized...trust me the people at work at laughing at me for being so organized. As far as checking the mileage and gas cost we are on vacation and we are going to pay no matter what, right? It is all good and we have everything organized and if you come away with us on the weekend we can have a cocktail and talk about it!

LUV YU'S,
See you soon!
methern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi John & Nancy,

to the Forest River Forum! Sounds like you are ready for your upcoming & exciting trip.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by methern View Post
We are fairly new to the forum after y_n_r told us about it as they are friends We bought a new Salem Hemisphere last year 24rbud 2011, and a 2011 Ford F150 XLT...bought them in August and used the trailer until the end of October and loved it...we have been planning a trip to the west from Ontario travelling through Canada and back through the states...Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore etc to get back really excited as we are leaving June 23 for 3 whole weeks...any tips would be greatly appreciated...all campsites have been booked and we are excited to head out on the trails
Oh ya, we are from Ramara Ontario just outside Orillia...

John & Nancy
John & Nancy,
Make sure one of your stops is in Lake of the Woods area, on your way through western Ontario, you won't regret it.

Glen & Janice
Old 06-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #6

Welcome from Stratford On. That sounds like a great trip. From God's country, through God's country and back to God's country. We have been to the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore area twice and would go back anytime. Try to take in the evening program if they still have it. Even for Canadians it was quite moving. I have relatives in Orillia (Sandy's Flowers and Hudsons) and love to spend time there. Have a great time on your trip and enjoy yourselves to the max. Old Guys