Old 07-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
Hello everyone

I live in Brook Park, Ohio with my son. I am planning on buyng a small rv, looking at the A102 right now, my tow vehicle will be a Ford Edge. I will be going on trips alone mostly. He will be staying at home, working... Like many I am new to rv'ing. Never had time. Either I was working or couldn't afford to do it. Now I am retired and can. I am not overly friendly, maybe not friendly at all. Just like to be left alone. I enjoy peace and quiet. I signed up for this site to review the A102 and to see what people who rv with this type of travel trailer say about doing it. So that is all.

davidambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
Welcome Dave. I am a Clevelander as well. Bought my Roo 233s this spring from Ruffs RV Center on Babbit Road just off the Shoreway.. Service has been excellent there. All Seasons RV in Ravenna is also a very friendly, helpful dealer as well with a well stocked retail store. Camping World is just South of Canton as well. Been visiting Camping World a lot to view, hold and assess everything I buy and then use the web to order it at the best price. Turns out that CW usually has the best deals.

Best wishes on your search and enjoy your solo adventures.

Kevin, Meg and DDx2
2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
2004 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 3.73 4x4
Days Camped 2012 = 42
Days Camped 2013 = 9 planned before April 1st
Local Ohio CGs - Punderson SP and West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Dave,

Welcome. You might also wish to post this question for feedback on the A102 directly in our Tent Campers, A Frames and Popups sub forum.

Good luck with your research.
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
Hi Dave ,
welcome to the forum !
Good luck on your searches!
SALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
Welcome to the forum Dave. We are to your south in Akron. Good luck on your search!
Brad, Sandy, Amber (shephard), Niko (shiba inu RIP little buddy)

'12 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Ecoboost with MaxTow
'12 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS

BradinOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
Hello David,
Glad to here from you. Wish you safe trips and serenity in your retirement. I am newly retired as well and decided as you did that the choice of solitary or nearby friends (RVers) is always your option while traveling.
Alan JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
Welcome to the forum!

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (12 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
Welcome to the forum. I didn't realize there were so many on this forum that live close to me. I live between Canton and Akron. I can't comment on the hardside your looking at but I can regarding the dealer. We bought ours from Ruff's earlier this year and they have been great. They had good pricing and good service. You may want to also consider getting an online quote from RV Direct. They have a heavy on-line business and generally have one of the lowest marked-down prices in the nation. I would get a quote from them to get a baseline and then see what Ruff's can do. Good luck with your search.

punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote