Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #1

Angry hello everyone

hi my name is nicole and i found this website because ive been having some problems with our forest river sandpiper (5TH wheel)me and my kids a currently living in it while my husband kevin is serving for a year in iraq we bought our camper in 2007 while we were staioned in ft wainwright alaska we had mostly bad expierience with our sandpiper im pretty new to all of this because before my husband took care of everything plus im from germany and i think the first time i put foot in one was here in the staates so everything to me right now is a adventure.I hope to find some answers to my question last night my toilet water wouldnt flush well it flushed but it didnt drain so i went outside to open the valve for the black water tank even tough i just drained it a day ago which i do every monday but then the valve wouldnt move anymore and the water in the toilett after i filled it up to the top drained but i didnt hear it going truh the whose outside the vave looks open but if i flush the toilet the water dosent go out i t seems the valve is well i dont know thats where i need help did anyone expierence the same problem before and can give me some answers thank you already
armywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #2

Are you still in Alaska?

If so have the temps been cold enough to freeze you up?

Thanks to your husband for his service (and you for supporting him)

My black tank (Wildwood) has 2 drain valves. one near the tank and one near the hose connection dump. Maybe, if you have 2, one is closed
Fencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #3

no were not in alaska no more we are in georgia now but you are right it could freeze it up,a wildwood as far as i know the wildwood and sandpiper are very similar i will check this first thing in the morning thank you so much.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #4

Talking

oh im sorry i thought of wildcat not wildwood sorry about that.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #5

First: Thank Your husband for serving and you and your children for serving as well. A soldier with a great support system is a better soldier. HooAhh!

To me it sounds like you may have a blockage in the toilet or in the pipe from the toilet to the black tank. Can you shine a light down the open toilet valve and have a look? Also another trick to try is to shove a water hose down your toilet into the tank sorta like a poor man's plumbing snake. Make sure it's not a drinking water hose.

If that checks out and the tank still isn't draining you may need to try a backflush with a Flushking or similar device. Or again shoving a waterhose up the drain lines to check for obstructions.

Keep us posted.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
First: Thank Your husband for serving and you and your children for serving as well. A soldier with a great support system is a better soldier. HooAhh!

To me it sounds like you may have a blockage in the toilet or in the pipe from the toilet to the black tank. Can you shine a light down the open toilet valve and have a look? Also another trick to try is to shove a water hose down your toilet into the tank sorta like a poor man's plumbing snake. Make sure it's not a drinking water hose.

If that checks out and the tank still isn't draining you may need to try a backflush with a Flushking or similar device. Or again shoving a waterhose up the drain lines to check for obstructions.

Keep us posted.

greg
Along these same lines, you can buy a wand at many RV supply stores that has nozzles at the end pointed in all directions which you attach to a hose and put down the toilet into the tank and spray the inside of the tank out. I have never tried one but I hear they work well.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post

Keep us posted.

greg
ok i will go try the waterhose now and see if that solves my problem thank you so much.i will keep you guys postet thank you again. nicole
Old 10-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #8

ok i will try the waterhose now and see if that solves my problem thank you so much.I will keep you guys postet.Thank you again.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #9

ok i just wanna keep you guys postet,so earlier i went got the garden hose attached a sprayer thing from my garden to it and pushed it down my toilet and keeot moving it around for about 5 min then i went outside and opend my valve to the black tank which didnt wanna move last night,thats why i thought the problem comes from the valve but i saw there was a screw around it which i tightent and then i got to pull it out and oh my gosh the wierdest noises came truh that drain and it soundet like there was a blockage who came loose and is about to explode the drain anyway i really apreciate all your help without you guys i probebly would have to call campingworld to came and fix it so thank you guys so much i keep reading everybodys posts so i can keep on learning for whatever goes wrong next which i hope wont happend to fast,again thank you and i be around to learn from all of you.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #10

excellent. congrats! this is a great forum
Altoona Pa.

new at RVing but
Lovin our Georgetown 378
Lots to learn

landofdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #11

This problem and all the comments make me laugh as it reminds me of watching RV with Robin Williams and the holding tank scene...
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife View Post
ok i just wanna keep you guys postet,so earlier i went got the garden hose attached a sprayer thing from my garden to it and pushed it down my toilet and keeot moving it around for about 5 min then i went outside and opend my valve to the black tank which didnt wanna move last night,thats why i thought the problem comes from the valve but i saw there was a screw around it which i tightent and then i got to pull it out and oh my gosh the wierdest noises came truh that drain and it soundet like there was a blockage who came loose and is about to explode the drain anyway i really apreciate all your help without you guys i probebly would have to call campingworld to came and fix it so thank you guys so much i keep reading everybodys posts so i can keep on learning for whatever goes wrong next which i hope wont happend to fast,again thank you and i be around to learn from all of you.

Glad you got everything flowing again.
Can you take a picture of this screw on your valve and post it in this thread? I'd like to see what you are refering to.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote