Old 10-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
Red face Hello everyone!

My husband and I purchased a Surveyor travel trailer in February. We have had it out every month since then and enjoyed our trips. We have been to Tibbey Island and Savannah, Myrtle Beach, Arkansas and Indiana. We also had stops in Missouri and Illinois. Our hopes are to visit every state. The major goal will be to get out of the Ohio weather in Jan. and Feb.
I love this site and have found valuable information on many topics. Thanks to everyone! I have one question - why are there never any towel bars in the bathrooms and how does everyone handle their wet towels?
Besides this web site, one thing I have found helpful is RV park reviews. I like to hear others opinions when choosing a campground.
Camping is a blast!

meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Hello and Welcome. Glad you are enjoying your new trailer. As for towels, most add their own towel rack somewhere. Camping World sells an over the door towel rack that looks nice also. We usually sting a clothesline and hang them out as soon as we can, they seem to dry better outdoors. Different strokes for different folks.

2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
We added our own towel rings and bars, ours also did not have a TP holder, had to add that too, hope that was just an oversite on FRs part as most RVs do have a TP holder. Glad your having fun with the new trailer and welcome to the forum.
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Our flagstaff 831FKBSS did come with 1 towel bar mounted on the inside of the bathroom door. I mounted a second (found another bar that was identicle to the one that was installed by Forest River) on the second door. (we have a walk thru bathroom) I also had no TP holder but put one up on the inside of the vanity cabinet door, under the sink, with a piece of maple for the TP holder and some liquid nails.
2008 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad cab LB 2500 Cummins 6.7L TD / 2013 Columbus 320rs. Camped 50 days in 2015. RIP Angel the camping Cat, we will miss you.
Don and Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
The Jolly Mon
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome aboard!
Pete (Jolly Mon)

2014 Jayco Whitehawk 24 RBS
2004 Nissan Titan LE, 4x4
Equal-i-zer hitch
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
Welcome to the forum. Where in Indiana did you visit? towel bars and towel rings can be purchased at walmart fairly cheap
2008 8296SS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2002 Silverado 2500HD extended cab
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:01 AM   #7
Welcome to the FRF. Glad to have you aboard.

For towels, we mounted a row of hooks on the bathroom door. While in Europe several years ago we discovered this method and decided to try it. It is a bar of 4 hooks. It works great and the towels actually do dry very well.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
In Indiana we go to Whitewater State Park and Brookville Lake. They are within an hour of us so going for a few days is easy. We have also been to the White River Campground in Cicero, Indiana. My grandsons frequently have sporting events there so we camp while watching the tournaments.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member
We have the bath & a half. We received 1 towel bar and 2 TP holders, all we had to do was mount them on the wall. We purchased 2 towel racks at Walmart and mounted one of them on the back of the door in the powder room and the other on the wall. As for drying towels, mostly they're hung up outside, but we also hang them over the top of the shower surround with the majority of the towel inside. The skylight helps provide quite a bit of heat in the shower and dries them rather fast.

By the way to FRF. and cograts on the new RV. Enjoy!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
Welcome! We like to hang towels outside when possible, but we also put two spring loaded shower curtian rods over the 'bathtub'. The towels can be spread out and are under the skylight, which helps them dry.

Don and Laura + Critters, Eloise and Cooper
Chesapeake, VA
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote