Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #1

Hello everyone from a Georgia newbie

I'd like to introduce my husband Randy and myself. We new to this forum and to RVing. We have been looking at A's and C's for over a year now,and feel that a C best suits our wants and needs. We plan on taking our 2 grandkids; 7 and 4 on some enjoyable excursions. We have not purchased a m.h. yet ; but really like looks of the 2011 F.R. Forester 3171DS bunkhouse. We anticipate a toad probably in the 2800 to 3400 lb. range. In the beginning we will probably stick close to home mostly eastern half of the U.S. . We have been reading and talking to folks about RVing for a while now; and feel that RVing with the grandkids is something that will be very enjoyable and make for some great memories, dispite all of the normal hiccups that go along with owning a m.h.. We plan on pulling the trigger within the next 30 days, so any imput regarding the brand , our chice of model , the V10 engine, and towing a toad; or just general advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks All !! nice to be on this forum
mary allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

to the forum !!!

Great intro !!

Visit and post often !!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #3

to the forum !!!

You will get many different 'opinions' as answers to your questions. Best thing is to look at the different units and see which one you like the best. Probably the easiest way would be at an RV show. All manufacturers usually use basically the same chassis and appliances so the differences come down to the interior decor. Good luck and be sure to post any questions you may have. There are lots of nice people with great information here.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #4

mary, what part of georgia are you from. we live in midway, halfway between savannah and brunswick.

welcome

cile and john tice
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #5

cile, we live in north ga (cumming) about 30 miles north of atlanta.
mary & randy allison
mary allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #6

from Texas!
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary allison View Post
I'd like to introduce my husband Randy and myself. We new to this forum and to RVing. We have been looking at A's and C's for over a year now,and feel that a C best suits our wants and needs. We plan on taking our 2 grandkids; 7 and 4 on some enjoyable excursions. We have not purchased a m.h. yet ; but really like looks of the 2011 F.R. Forester 3171DS bunkhouse. We anticipate a toad probably in the 2800 to 3400 lb. range. In the beginning we will probably stick close to home mostly eastern half of the U.S. . We have been reading and talking to folks about RVing for a while now; and feel that RVing with the grandkids is something that will be very enjoyable and make for some great memories, dispite all of the normal hiccups that go along with owning a m.h.. We plan on pulling the trigger within the next 30 days, so any imput regarding the brand , our chice of model , the V10 engine, and towing a toad; or just general advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks All !! nice to be on this forum
Hello Mary Allison!

Welcome to the forum and RVing!

My hubby and I live in Jasper Ga...not far from cumming!
We own a Gray Wolf 19RR toy hauler travel trailer...love it!
perfect for us!

Looking forward to your posts.
P~

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #8

Welcome to the forum. I lived outside Atlanta for about 15 years, a little town callled Chamblee. After going back about 5 years ago its not so little anymore.

Chris and Linda
lottabull54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #9

Welcome from Canada!! Sorry I can't help you with information as we are currently trailer people. Still I'm glad you chose this forum to look for answers as we may need your answers if we ever decide to go to a motor home and a towed. Old Guys
Old 01-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #10
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Hello Mary Allison,

Check out one of the many state parks. Both Georgia and Alabama have some wonderful places to stay...and at a great price too!

We just love Desoto State Park near Ft Payne Al. Beautiful site, new bath houses, great swimming pool, hiking trails and a lodge!
Also Lake Point State Park near Eufaula AL on the Georgia/Alabama state line south of Columbus.

In Georgia we like red Top Mountain, Sloppy Floyd and Ft Mountain.

Have fun with your grand kids camping!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote