Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
Yeah, stinky pit toilets, hand pumps, teeny sites jammed right up against each other, and yurts are just great. Don't spend any DCNR $ on making improvements to the SPs, just let them lag behind every other state's. Our state parks are pathetic compared to other states' parks. As to your two other concerns: there are no bad dogs, only bad owners.
Well, I have to agree that some other states have better state parks than PA - (it seems like they put a little more money into them.) but I really have not had any problems like Paul M. and Taranwanderer above. Then again, I have a dog - he is a big dog so he doesn't "yap" , but barking dogs don't bother me much camping - if they were my full time neighbors where I lived, it might be a different story!!
The sites we have had have all been decent, some have been questionable but again, we only had a little pop up last year that was easy enough to manuever into almost any site and make it work for us. May be a whole different story this year now that we have moved up to a little bigger camper.
As for drinking, we do like to have some drinks around the campfire in the evening. We have not encountered anyone getting crazy and loud but there is always a first time! I have to admit though, when we camped up in NY this past summer, it was nice to crack open a beer and walk over to the beach area to watch the sunset or let the dog play in the river without fear of getting nasty stares or the park ranger coming and reprimanding us.
Maybe we could start a separate thread about this issue...then again, since I am new, there may already be plenty of threads about the state park/private park debate and state parks outside of PA and the pros and cons of each...I will have to check that out!
Jennifer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #22

hey, we on the same journey..just bought a 2005 surveyor that had lots of water damage..couldnt find the source but I think the PO fixed that and just covered the damaged floors..looked like new plumbing and havent seen any problems, except some leak from shower area that I hope a good caulking handles...we are in the painting and upholstering stage right now....
StevenE is offline   Reply With Quote