Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Dave

Hello fom a life long camper

I have been enjoying your forum for about a month now and thought I would join and say hi and thank you for such great reading. My name is Dave and I like my Wife(Laurie) and children have been camping from birth. Started in tents got my first pop up camper at about 35 years old. I just bought my third Rockwood (Roo 19) which is a big step up for me. Anyway one thing I would love to find out is how to contact Forest river directly. I clearly love the product but I am not impressed with what their local dealers call customer service. I choose who I considered the best of all evils and now wish I delt with a wholesaler and saved thousands. I have been ignored and lied to since I put the deposit down and they got my money. By time I get this camper ready and get to us it I could have waited for a wholesaler to get one at a much better price. I guess I don't rate because I didn't buy a 100k + motor-coach from them. After this experience I wont buy a Forest river product again and I will go to a Wholesaler. Seems the best sales pitch I got from a dealer locally is that Warren Buffett bought the controlling stock of Forest River so they must be good. Well yes everyone knows that he knows a money maker. But that isn't always good. Forrst river has my money and I am not camping yet.

I would really like to have a contact at Forest River to send this to them.

Not a happy Camper
RIDaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
The only number that I have is from the FROG website which is
574-825-8532 and an e-mail address bbyrne@forestriverinc.com.
Hope this helps

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #3

Question

By the way where in RI do you live?
In the mid 60's we live in Newport and later in N Kingston.
And Yes my husband was in the Navy.

Phoenix, Az.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Dave

I live in Rumford on the MA border. Your Husband wasn't a seabee by any chance? I only ask because N. Kingston was the home of Battalion 12 which I was in when I got out. Newport could use a real Navy presence again.
RIDaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDaveG View Post
I live in Rumford on the MA border. Your Husband wasn't a seabee by any chance? I only ask because N. Kingston was the home of Battalion 12 which I was in when I got out. Newport could use a real Navy presence again.
No, not a seabee he was a corpsman stationed first at the Newport Naval hospital, then at Qunset(spelling) at the hospital.

Phoenix, Az.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #6

Dave, I called Forest River today at 574-533-5934, thats the # listed on the back of my owners manual. Left a message and they called me back.
monicamc49 is offline   Reply With Quote