Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #1

Hello form Northern Ontario, Canada

Hello just what to introduce myself, Newbie mh owner we are buying a new 2013 Georgetown 351ds in Grand Rapids, Michigan from Terrytown RV. We took it mostly loaded including the res. refrigerator. Just looking for any advice on any acc. that I should be looking to get right away. I do have a list that I pick up on the Internet. and maybe any tough on MPG.
The two things we are looking to pick-up is a garmin dezl 760lmt gps and a Tire Minder tire pressure monitor. Thanks in advance for any feedback
yshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #2

Can't really comment as I am new to the scene but just wanted to say hello. From the Sudbury area myself. Did you save a lot going south of the border?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #3

Hello Sudbury, We are neighbors Sturgeon Falls. We been looking for over 9 months did all the RV shows and did not find nothing we like . As far as savings we did even with the exchange and the cost to go get it. The process should be painless, did all the legwork by Internet with the help of fellows rvers that guided me in the right direction.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2013 Georgetown 351ds. One accessory I would suggest is covers for any roof vents.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #5

Welcome to the Forum. Born and raised in Sudbury myself. Been through Sturgeon Falls way too many times to count running back and forth to North Bay for work. Living out on the east coast in Halifax now though. really miss the hunting and fishing there the most. Can't get pickerel down here which is what really sucks.
DG, DH
Tally the Greyhound and Itty the Chihuahua
rockin'ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #6

Are you talking about the max vents ?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yshank View Post
Are you talking about the max vents ?
Either the Maxxair II or FanMate depending on the CFM of your fan. Most just go with the Maxxair II even on a higher CFM fan. Not only do they allow you to keep the vents open in the rain for fresh air, they also protect the rather thin & flimsy covers from UV rays which will cause them to become brittle and eventually prone to cracking.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #8

I love the Sudbury Guelph, Hamilton, area. My wife is a Winnipeg girl. We live in the mts of NC now, and are new to rv'ing. We have a 34 ft. Forest River Cherokee fifth wheel. We are blessed to live where there are a lot of campsites in the mts. We can't go full time yet. Love Canada and Canadians, lol I must for I married one.. I saw my first moose in Thunder Bay driving from Ontario back to Winnipeg.
Jerry Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #9

Fellow northener! We are not far out of North Bay. Starting to think the only way we will ever get out there again is to put studded tires on the truck and trailer, lol. So tired of the white stuff.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yshank View Post
Hello just what to introduce myself, Newbie mh owner we are buying a new 2013 Georgetown 351ds in Grand Rapids, Michigan from Terrytown RV. We took it mostly loaded including the res. refrigerator. Just looking for any advice on any acc. that I should be looking to get right away. I do have a list that I pick up on the Internet. and maybe any tough on MPG.
The two things we are looking to pick-up is a garmin dezl 760lmt gps and a Tire Minder tire pressure monitor. Thanks in advance for any feedback
New to camping or just motorhome? Just in case a great addition is the outdoor mats (get the type water & sand fall through. Great to help keep things clean. And if heading south for MH they are approx. $40.00 cheaper for a 9x12 in the US. Happy trails
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #11

Congrats on your purchase.

I couldn't help it after reading the comments about the WHITE Stuff.

Hopefully our last snow storm. You can see our TT in the background barried.