Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2014, 11:59 PM   #1

Hello from an RV newbie in Haverhill, Mass.

Hello,
My wife and I are new to RV's. When we were younger we camped using an umbrella tent. Sleeping on the ground wasn't that easy so we bought a Coleman Colorado Popup trailer and used it to travel to Astronomy events in Vermont. That was many years ago.
Recently, we started looking into RV's. Initially we looked at Class B RV's but they were rather cramped. We then started to look into Class C
Mini Motor Homes. Class A was a bit too large and expensive. Our yard is small and I'm not very good at backing. We own a Toyota Yaris.
Last July, we bought a FR Sunseeker 2250SLEC, which is 24' 4" long. It took me one month just to read all the documentation and try the appliances in our yard. We bought a wireless rear view camera which comes in very handy for backing and checking what's in back while driving. I've read other RV forums for about a year and just found this one, which is what I've been looking for since I bought a Forest River RV. We only used the RV about 6 times last year but hope to use it alot more this year. We have 2 Basenji dogs that enjoy the camping experience in an RV. I will be asking many questions in the future about tires, ladders, leveling, valve extenders, vehicle towing, options, etc. From what I've seen so far, this Forum has very experienced RV'ers. I hope to learn from them and enjoy the RV camping experience.
Thanks for listening. I could probably write a book on what I've learned
and experienced so far.

Allan
awilson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:14 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums, I am sure that you will be able to have all your questions answered here.
lonestar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:38 AM   #3
NELA

You've found *the* best internet source for RVing information, *and* forming friendships!

We found these people in May of last year, in a situation much like yours. What we've learned and the friends we've made here can't be beat.

Congratulations and Welcome to "glamping" (glamour camping)

P.S. you'll find a lot of fellow Sunseekers here

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great people here.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #5

Welcome aboard
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags