Old 01-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #11

welcome layton and tammy.
we like to go to mountianview. have been to devils den a few times but not in an rv. i don't think i can get mine in there unless there have been changes to the road.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #12

Welcome, welcome and Go Hogs! We are from the Little Rock area. Have reservations for Devil's Den in March. I understand we have to take the long way in as we can't get in the short route with our camper. How did you like Devil's Den? This is our first trip planned to northwest AR. As you said, Petit Jean is a great park as well. We generally head south to Lake Ouachita or Lake Catherine. We are definite lucky to have some great state parks here.

2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0l Diesel
TheFlagGang6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #13

North Little Rock has a City RV park right along the river. Full hook ups and very reasonable rates. We stayed there in Oct on our way home to Oklahoma from Florida. Highly reccomended.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #14

You have to take the northern most exit off of I-540 North,Its a few more miles but it's not that bad.First time for us to take the trailer up there. I'm not the best at backing but my wife and I use the phones on speaker and seem to get the job done.I'll admit that we look for pull throughs. We spent a week at KC at the Worlds of fun park and it was a nice RV park. KC is a favorite place for us to vacation.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #15

We've been planning a trip into Arkansas visiting Petit Jean, Mount Magazine, Devils Den, & Crater Of Diamonds but haven't made it yet. I keep getting the emails of people finding diamonds there.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #16

My wife has been wanting to take the kids to Crater of Diamonds as well. We had plans last year, but ended up in Kentucky to camp with some friends from Chicago. A couple good Corps of Engineers parks in central Arkansas are on the Arkansas River: Toadsuck near Conway and Maumelle Park near Little Rock. Both have good camping atmosphere and are convenient to either town. It's fun for the kids to watch barges and boats on the river as well.
2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0l Diesel
TheFlagGang6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #17

Another GREAT RV park in West Memphis, Arkansas.....TOM SAWYER RV PARK.....Right on the Mississippi River. Watch barges and tow boats all day and all nightgoing up and down the river.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #18

We went to the Crater Of Diamonds park a few years back. It was in August and It was hotter than blue blazes! There is one shade tree down there. All we found was Black dirt! It was all the way across the state,but we did find locals there that said they had found several diamonds. One gentleman there said that he put 2 kids through college mining for diamonds there. He told me that he never found anything big but he consistantly found stones that were worth 100-200 dollars apeice. The best time to go is after a rain. I do know that they plow the fields often so that ups your chance of finding a stone.Guess I'm just not much of a diamond hunter!