Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2015, 07:31 PM   #1

Hello from Brooklyn NY

I just joined this forum, I'm as green as can be. I'm looking for my first camper.

I would love to get some feed back and opinions.

I went out today and looked at a 2001 forest river sun seeker (26ft). It has 20,000 miles and looks clean. I did notice some delamination by the head. It is vertical, and about the length of my forearm. The current owner (1 year) stated that the original owner had the roof sealed. It's not new, and I expect to find age problems, but I don't know if I should be afraid of this. At this time it's too cold to check everything, so I will have to trust the sellers word that everything works. (She seems nice, and I'm buying it from her home)
tom jetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:38 PM   #2

Welcome! Any friends or neighbors that are camper owners? An experienced second look would be my recommendation. Can't see a 26ft anywhere in Brooklyn. Out on Long Island or over here in NJ?
Old 03-19-2015, 09:06 AM   #3

Welome from Ontario. Good luck on your search.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:12 AM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin. Personally I wouldn't 'trust the sellers word that everything works'. I'd make sure myself.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #5
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Personally I would wait till after a good rain. Ask her if you could camp in it either in her lot or at a close campground. Try everything and if something doesn't work then you can negotiate the price. I've looked at a ton of them and most that are willing to sell will let you try it out first. One even set it up at a campground for me to come and stay. Good luck..
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:23 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply's. I intend to try everything that I can, but 30 degrees outside temp will negate my use of the a/c. I found a commercial lot in Brooklyn at $250 a month. I think that is high but I just don't know. I'll have my eyes open for a reasonable place. I don't have anyone with RV experience, so I'm on my own. I do have boating experience, and I'm pretty good with a wrench. I should be OK. The only thing that scares me is the delamination. Thanks again. Tom
tom jetty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo