Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2010, 02:39 AM   #1

Hello from Calgary

Joined this board a couple of weeks ago to find more about Forest River and Flagstaff 5er's. Lots of good info!
Picked up our 2011 Flagstaff 8528RLWS today. Got it home and started loading it with the basics from our old trailer ('05 Trailblazer) when it started to rain then snow. Put the large slide in and will try again tomorrow.
We hope to get out a couple of times starting next weekend for a shakedown as we want to take it across Canada(going to Vancouver Island then heading east) starting in June.

Question about the slides: when it rains and/or snows with the slides out, is there any way to get them dry enough so they won't drip on the interior when the slides are retracted? The slides don't have awnings.

This is our fifth TT but the first 5er and the first with sldes.
seatosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #2

Wet slide outs, I never had a real problem but the only thing I can think of doing is to wipe down the sides with a thick bath towel just before you retract the slide out- in. The rubber seals may help wipe the sides off as it moves in. If you can't get the side walls dry, then once the slide out is in then you can place a towel a long the floor of the camper where the slide out stops on both sides this way if the water drips or runs down then the towel will catch it so that your carpet will stay dry. I am sure there may be other ideas on how to deal with this coming up soon. You can use a window squeegee on the out side surface instead of a towel.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #3

Welcome to the forums.

We have put our slides in during some really bad rain storms and never had a problem with lots of water coming in with them. The wiper seals do a great job of clearing the water off. Only place we see a little is where there is a window in one of the ends of the slide (we have two of those) but it usually isn't much and a hand towel will dry that off. Rockwood's idea of putting the towels down is a good one, I'd go with that if you are really worried about it.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote