Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 09:15 PM   #1

Smile Hello from Central NJ - 2516G

Hello Everyone!

Eugene here from Central NJ. For about 12 years I used to pull up my car to the primitive camp site and unload all my heavy gear and go camping. For the last 8 years my wife and our two kids have been hiking and camping along the Appalachian Trail and other nice trails usually for no more than 3-4 nights with backpacks weighing no more than 26lbs on average. I never thought I'd be looking at a camper of any type as I always frowned upon it. Well....*sigh*...here I am. Just looking for a change on some occasions and something simple to enjoy with friends who aren't as experienced.

I've been scouring craigslist and other rvtrader for a Forest River PopUp and soon as I find a good deal...i'm all over it. I had a nice when I first started my search and lost it not realizing how good of a deal it was. Perhaps one of you here bought it.

I'll be towing it with a Honda Pilot 4WD (automatic transmission cooler, hitch, ball, etc... installed). I like to get a good fire going at a campsite, hike, kayak, ride bikes, swim, etc... I work in the Information Security Industry and love to get away from technology by hitting the woods.

In addition to looking for a PUP I'm trying to find a place where big brother will let me camp on my own private land in NJ, PA, or NY...not too far from home, so I can visit often. <- If I can do that, that'll be awesome!

That's all for me for now. Hope to contribute, learn, and meet some of you at a campsite someday.

2009 Rockwood Premier 2516G
mantis32 is offline   Reply With Quote