Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
flyfishn

Wink Hello from Colorado

Greetings from the Rocky Mts!
Great summer for camping, fishing, boating, hiking, kayaking, biking, and exploring...may you have a most wonderful summer!
I have owned many RV's (starting with Coleman pop-up(s), TT's (16-28ft), 2 Class B's, and most recently Truck Campers (Outitter, Artic Fox, Hallmark, and Lance). Just sold my Lance and CTD Dodge, and went back to a small TT and TV.
My new rig is an 2011 Rockwood Mini-Lite 1809S with many add-ons and solar to come. TV is an Nissan Xterra SE. See you on the road!

Fly Fishn with Western US
Prodigy P2 Blue Ox Sway Pro
gtkato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #2

Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Welcome to the forum!!!

We're planning on wetting a line at Golden Gate Canyon State Park this weekend! 'tis the season!

See you around the campfire

Darren
teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
CampeRooo

Welcome!

We're looking forward to a trip down to the southwest part of the state in a few weeks. We'll be traveling through Pagosa Springs, Delores, Rico, and Telluride during our vacation and can't wait to hit the road. This is our first getaway for the year and we're going to soak in as much r&r as possible while we're away. Can't wait! Can't wait!

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #4

Welcome neighbor!
Agree....looking forward to a wonderful summer.
Got the first big trip already completed. Headed up to MN & WI for some fishing.
Why is it time flys when your enjoying yourself, and it seems so long till the next adventure?
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #5

Welcome to the forums! How did you like truck campers? Always wanted one because it seems like boondocking opportunities are abundant.
seven_campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
flyfishn

Really loved my Truck Campers. Freedom to go anywhere and boon docking in some very special places. Worked great for fly fishing Mt, ID, WA, OR, CA, WY, CO.....many trips and many miles. This year we will head to Glacier and accross to WA to visit family. Next year to Alaska.
There are always tradeoffs TC vs. TT. I am glad to have only one vehicle and more room, but will miss my TC's. I was very active in TC forums and field testing equipment for TC mfgs. I am going for an overnighter to test the Mini Lite. Spent the last week doing mods on the TT (TV mounts, storage pod/2" reciever, organizing and storage, dual AGM's.
Not quite sure yet on how to install solar?
Anyone done this on a Mini Lite?
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and hope to participate for a long time. These forums are great, and always learn new and creative things about RV's.
Prodigy P2 Blue Ox Sway Pro
gtkato is offline   Reply With Quote