Old 03-29-2015, 02:06 PM   #1

Hello from Colorado

Hello everyone

My name is Joe (age 52) and my wife ( Jessie age 55) are now in the research stage of owning a TT. We had a teardrop for about a year but we prefer something we can stand in so now the search is on.

My goal is to retire in 8-11 years and hopefully own a TT debit free and travel.

Since we would be new to TT we have a lot to learn.

We own a Kia Sorento 4X4 rated to tow 5,000 lbs so I am looking at TT rated to pull no more then 3,500 -3,600 lbs..

I am looking at the coachman clipper ultra light 17FQ... Any thoughts - comments on this camper

Old 03-30-2015, 11:01 AM   #2

Hello and welcome from Minnesota.

Are you sure on towing capacity of Sorento, the highest towing I could find on a quick search was 3500 lbs.(Just saw in another post '07 does have 5000lbs towing.)

I have looked at trailers of that size and layout, they are nice for their size.
It sounds like you are hoping to use this after retirement for possibly longer trips? If so a trailer this size will get real small and will not have storage for gear for longer stays. Just my opinion.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Hello from Monument, Colorado!

We towed an 18-foot TT (Nomad) all around Colorado and neighboring states (with a Tacoma) for four years then, last year, decided we wanted something bigger as the walls seemed to be closing in on us! (And we REALLY hated that shower curtain and tiny shower.) Our new trailer is not huge, 33-foot, but feels huge to us and the glass shower door is wonderful. (Plus we can bring 4 people with us, now...more if we put an air mattress on the floor.)
6-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #4

Hello from Superior CO!
With one exception (East) everywhere is up and down out here in CO. Heck, my drive up from Raton NM yesterday was hilly! And WINDY!

So, the important question is - does your KIA have a tow package? Oil and Tranny cooling is your friend.

Eric
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:37 PM   #5

[QUOTE=Mowgli64;820786]Hello and welcome from Minnesota.

Are you sure on towing capacity of Sorento, the highest towing I could find on a quick search was 3500 lbs.(Just saw in another post '07 does have 5000lbs towing.)

I have looked at trailers of that size and layout, they are nice for their size.
It sounds like you are hoping to use this after retirement for possibly longer trips? If so a trailer this size will get real small and will not have storage for gear for longer stays. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE

Yes o7 Sorento Lx 4X4