Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #1

Hello from CT

Greetings !!! My wife and I just purchased our first trailer, a Wildwood 26tbss and look forward to start camping. Unfortunately it is the end of the season and places are closing. We will also be camping with our German shepherd. Any recommended campgrounds in ct that have wooded sites with at least water and electric, and allow pets ? We are thinking of going next weekend (Oct22- Oct24) just to get some camping in before everything closes.
Thanks
Ron H.
mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #2

Hi Welcome to the forum.Congrats on your new camper.New camper is a very exciting time i not from Ct. so i have no info on parks there but i assume most campgrounds allow you to bring your pets as long as they are on a leash , but there are people on here from that area so i bet they will chime in with their favorite places to camp there is a web site ithink its campgroundreviews.com or try to google you state and search for parks but any way welcome and have fun visit us and post often
Old 10-14-2010, 07:32 AM   #3

Welcome! I'm new here myself, but this is the second season for RV camping for my wife and I, we love it and I bet you will too.

Everywhere we have been so far welcome pets. In fact I think about half the people travel with their pets. We do too.

Check out woodalls.com for campground information. It should help you find a campground in CT. I'm from WV so can't help much with firsthand information.

Have fun.

Joe
smilin joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #4

Hello

Welcome to the forum. I am also from Connecticut, and yes sadly to say the season is over. In Conn you still have Strawberry park, Expensive but nice not really dog friendly though. Up in mass normandy farms is nice also. Riverdale in connecticut is also a choice to consider. Good luck on your new rig.
mm12348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #5

Ron,

to the forums and congrats on the new camper. I think if you look at Woodalls site you will find some campgrounds that are still open during the time frame you are looking at.
Good luck.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote