Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2015, 01:58 AM   #1

hello from eastern NC

hi folks, we bought our Micro Lite 21 DS in Feb. last year. For us it was an upgrade from a 17' Casita. We lost it three weeks ago when I had to swerve to avoid hitting a stopped car on the interstate. When they flip over it's like they explode apart. I just found your site tonight and hope it's ok to join the Forest River family. We loved the Micro Lite and are considering replacing it with the same. I don't know if this is the correct place to ask a question, so I will ask and if it isn't please someone say so. Online we have found a dealer with a 2015 Micro Lite 21 DS identical to our other one, except it has the Murphy bed. Does anyone here have experience with the MB? are they as comfortable as any other bed, are they contrary to set up, will we loose storage space compared to our other conventional bed setup, is there storage space under the couch, do you have one and wish you didn't ....any opinions about them or experence with them will be greatly appreciated, thank you
fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:23 AM   #2

Sorry I can't answer any of your questions, however, I would like to welcome you to the forum from Madison, AL. I hope you find the RV you are looking for.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #4

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad everyones OK! I would assume that they are making Murphy beds almost as comfortable as the regular beds today. At least they don't have the double or triple fold in the mattress as some of the pull outs. Good luck with your purchase and welcome to the FRF.
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:10 PM   #5
Done with this

Welcome, and glad everything worked out OK!

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #6

We have a Rockwood 2306 with the Murphy bed. The bed is the reason we bought it. With the bed up it has a LOT of space. The sofa is extremely comfortable. The bed comes down in 15 seconds and is the same bed as the ones that stay set up. No folds or other tricks for the bed. We find the bed comfortable and love the heated mattress but you can put whatever mattress you want on there. There is also enough room for a mattress topper. The bed can stay madeup so after you fold it down it is ready to go. One person can do this. Anybody who sees our camper can't believe how much space it has due to the Murphy bed. Go for it.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote