Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #1

Hello from Haverhill Ma.

Hey all, I am currently pulling around a nice Coleman Pop Up but looking to replace that with a new Roo 21SS or 23SS. I am hoping I can learn from you all to make the best decision for me and my family.

Thanks

Jeff
harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi harpoon and to the FR forums!

You may wish to check out the Roo fourms for feedback from Roo's owners. I think both units (Roo 21SS & 23SS) have been discussed before but feel free to start a thread and ask for comments. More information might be needed like number of children and age range. It could make a different with a family 4 vs a family of 7.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to FRF!!!

i own a 23SS. what will you be pulling with and how many will be staying in it?

the 21SS has great amount of floorspace but the 23SS has kitchen counterspace and lots more interior storage.

if you have more than a family of 4, you may want to look at a 3-bed hybrid, since it would mean making up the sofa or dinette each nite.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #4

Thanks guys for the replies. Sorry I should have told you more about my family. there is me, my wife and my two boys 12 and 10. I drive a Nissan Frontier so I am limited by what that can pull. can't afford to buy a new truck and camper that is how I got to learn about the hybrids. My manual says I can pull up to 6300 pounds..
I did a walk through the 21ss and yes there is alot of floor space but that seems kind of a waste. I liked on the 32SS that the stove and sink are on the back side in the bump out that way all the vents and stuff are on that back side of the camper and not the front where we tend to sit under the awning.

There is a real lot I like about the 32SS but I am reading alot about the canvas around the beds leaking... But I don't know if I can tow anything but a hybrid.... If you guys have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks

Jeff
harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum!
Not_So_Mini-Lite is offline   Reply With Quote