Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #1

Question Hello from Iowa!

Hello!!! We just bought a 2003 Rockwood PUP and took it out for its first spin this weekend! Boy...there is a lot I need to learn!! I am hoping to find some answers from all the experience in this forum! So, to get the ball rolling I will start with a few questions:
  • The previous owner either ran into something or tried to put the roof down with the door still attached . The whole frame is busted. Any suggestions on the best fix? I am wondering if I need to find a dealer to get a whole new door. We also need a new awning, they tore that off too!
  • Does anyone have any experience with towing with a minivan?!? We have a 2009 Town & Country and want to put a hitch on to tow our PUP. We borrowed my dad's truck for this weekend, but hope to become a bit more independent!
  • I have read some posts about the heater...but I want to make sure I understand. The heater only runs off gas...there isn't a electric heater, right?
  • anyone want to give me clues to the how to use water? Can I fill and store, or do I have to hook up at a site? We haven't used the sink at all.
Seems like a good number of questions to start off with! Thanks in advance for your help!
KristaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
Site Team

it would help if you posted your PUP's model number.
and since most of your questions are popup-specific, i suggest posting your questions in the Popup section here at FRF.
and by posting the model number, you might find someone else who owns the same popup and they can be much more helpful.

as to your T&C, obviously it doesn't have the factory tow package.
without it, i think it can only tow up to 2000lbs.
so, without knowing which model PUP you have, can't say if you can tow it with just adding a hitch receiver.
it may have electric brakes or be over 2000lbs.
if it is either, you have to duplicate the factory tow package on your T&C, in order to safely tow it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #3

Thank you for the information. The model number is 2270. I will repost in the correct forum!
Krista
KristaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Where in I Iowa you from ?
I can recommend a dealer depending on where you live .

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
Site Team

Hi & to the forums! The good news about the learning curve is that most of it you can take it at a speed you are comfortable with. Let's us know how we can help.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote