Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #1

Hello From L.I. New York

My G/f and I are looking to go to full time rv'ing in about 3 years. That is the earliest I can lock my medical benefits. We also love to ride motorcycles. After going to many Rv shows and researching many websites,we have decided a travel trailer with a Rampage motorcycle lift for the truck is the way we want to go. We want to part time camp until ready to full time. We were recently at the Hershey Rv show in Pa and finally found a TT that we love and feel will meet our short and long term needs. It is a Salem Hemisphere Hyper-Lyte 282Rk. Since we live in New York and the winter will soon be upon us, we have decided to wait and order it in February for delivery some time in April or May. There seems to be a lot of comments both good and bad about Forrest River ( I assume that would be the same with any manufacturer) so hopefully we have made the right choice. I am not worried about little things as I have a mechanical background, as long as it is structurally sound. Hopefully all will go as planned and maybe catch up to some of you guys on the road.
camper3592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #2

Camper,
Welcome to the Forums from a fellow Long Islaner!! Can't comment on the Hyper-Lyte but this site is full of friendly people more than willing to help with any questions you may have.
Glad to hear that you found a trailer that suits your needs.
Again, welcome and don't be hesitant to ask any question you may have.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
Campfire Master

Welcome from a former Long Islander! Glad to have ya here.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome from So Cal! There's bound to be good & bad with any company but most of us are happy with our FR units. I brought my TT 4 years ago this month and it seems like it was yesterday. I haven't had any problems with my unit and I also lucky to be working with a great service department.

Good luck.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote