Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #21
NELA

We have our first long trip planned....NASCAR...BRISTOL!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice View Post

I just checked for information on the DArbonne site and it shows 30 amp only. We've two a/cs....it's kinda hot to count on running only one. (we're 50 ampers) Maybe that info is outdated?

I think it is outdated. I stay at site 16 all the time in Darbonne and it has 50 amp as well as sites 18 and 20. I think they all do. You might can call them to confirm as all the sites I have stayed at Caney do also.

EDIT: Using the ReserveAmerica website confirms they all do have 50 amp hookups. If you stay at state parks, you need to bookmark reserveamericqs site as they are how you have to reserve spots at the parks along with a 6 dollar fee. That's the great outsourcing our state has done. Even if you drive to the park and get a spot at the gate, you still have to pay the 6 dollar reserveamerica fee;

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campsi...36&startIdx=25

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #23
NELA

WMTIRE

We are officially BOOKED! for Jimmy Davis State Park! Three days beginning next Friday, whooooo big first step!

We are trying to decide on one of three names for 'er.....Nina, Pinta or Santa Maria.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #24
NELA

Not sure if I posted in the right area, but saw a thread for name change requests. I goofed up in using my real name and asked to change it to HERmit.

Turtle gave me the idea...house goes with ya. I think there's a way to do it yourself...DH did it...he changed his from what he originally used to Schnicklefritz. I'm not that tech savvy.

Just putting this where I hope it'll be seen by admin.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #25
NELA

Hawwwwt diggity.... I'm HERmit!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #26
William

Welcome from South LA, that is Louisiana.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #27
NELA

Thank ya! Only been here a few days, and you folks are finer 'n frog hair split five ways!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERmit View Post
WMTIRE

We are officially BOOKED! for Jimmy Davis State Park! Three days beginning next Friday, whooooo big first step!

We are trying to decide on one of three names for 'er.....Nina, Pinta or Santa Maria.
Excellent. From a historical standpoint, the Santa Maria didn't return from Columbus first trip, and was dismantled after running aground. You probably don't want to jinx your trailer with that name.

The Nina and Pinta (however the Pinta had to be repaired at one point) did return...with the same Nina going back on his second voyage.

Does that help narrow it down.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #29
NELA

Pffffft....got a history buff. LOL YEP it narrows it down!

Those names came up when DH jokingly referred to pulling "that Titanic" sized thing outta here next Friday.

He also mentioned "Queen Mary". nahhhh

BTW when you picked up your TT, was the bathroom tissue holder not installed? Ours wasn't, and the tech explained that many don't want it installed because kids break 'em off, etc.

I solved that problem today by purchasing one of those free standing tissue holders.

Our trailer also came with a POS paper towel holder mounted under the cabinet...so flimsy the paper towel roll would fall out when you reach for a towel. Solved that one too, by buying the free standing paper towel holder...took that flimsy plastic POS down and threw it away.

Kinda silly...every thing in this trailer is first class...corian counter tops, etc. amd that thing wasn't worth the price of the two screws to mount it.

As for naming 'er...I figure that like a pet, she'll end up naming herself.

Thanks for the info!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERmit View Post
BTW when you picked up your TT, was the bathroom tissue holder not installed? Ours wasn't, and the tech explained that many don't want it installed because kids break 'em off, etc.

I solved that problem today by purchasing one of those free standing tissue holders.

Our trailer also came with a POS paper towel holder mounted under the cabinet...so flimsy the paper towel roll would fall out when you reach for a towel. Solved that one too, by buying the free standing paper towel holder...took that flimsy plastic POS down and threw it away.
I had a toilet paper holder but don't really use it.

X2 on the paper towel holder. Mine falls out from traveling and won't hold a roll. I haven't replaced it yet, but may do that now since you reminded me.

I am in MS this weekend and am waiting on a certain home depot across from the hotel to open tomorrow before coming home. They have 7 sliding trays in stock that Herk showed me he installed in his trailers pantry. I am going to buy three tomorrow for mine.

Our home depot doesn't have them.

Pantry Slide Out baskets