Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
ExTenter, sorry but can't really help you on the Brae Island site. I am pretty sure it is a busy place most of the time since it is so close to suburbia. There aren't a whole lot of campgrounds within the metro Vancouver area. I have driven by the Hazelmere cg in south Surrey many times and it seems like it might be worth checking out. We've been to the Cultus Lake cg a couple of times and it's okay but not at the top of my list. There are supposed to be some really nice campgrounds at Harrison Lake that we'd like to check out some time.

One thing we liked on our first outing with our new TT to Brae Island was the pull-through sites. I was white as a ghost pretty much the whole way there and didn't think I could back up. Now I can easily get into any site anywhere.

We highly recommend getting Nexus cards. We've often seen very long lines in the regular lanes and we just breeze through the Nexus lane. I've also been reading lately that they are going to cut back on border guard staffing which they say will really slow things down. Strange because they just built 5 new lanes into Canada at the truck crossing. I asked one border guard and he said that is mostly going to be at the Peace Arch crossing. We always use the truck crossing. Applying for Nexus and going to the interview is a little time consuming but well worth the trouble. We buy a lot of things online from the US and get it shipped to Blaine so we use our Nexus cards a lot. They treat you with more trust and respect too. It's usually a wave and "have a nice day"... Makes you feel kinda special!

Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
Langley, BC
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
Extenter welcome
brae island is not to busy during the week but on weekends in primetime it's full.
But i highly reccomend iy.

also my mistake my new trailer is a 2013 not a 2012.

RV Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #13
Waving hello from the Island..! and welcome..!

Glen & Robyn (A.K.A. Puff & Crickit) Full Timers..

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote