Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 06:10 PM   #1

hello from Md

after owning a jayco and a passport with no issues we bought a 28se coachman 3 months ago, 4 camping trip, 4 trips back to the dealer to fix the poor quality of this camper. Right out of the shoot the microware did not work, 2 outlets broke first time used, gutter leaked down the side of the camper at a seam, its rubber gutter not a nice metal slide, than the slide opend once and dragged across the floor in the front, cutting the floor and staining the carpet with grease. water pump and lines rattled so bad we came home figuring something was broken, trim around both doors not even tacked, came down first trip, this is the cheapest camper we have ever bought and regret it daily. The dealer, Beckley in thurmont md has been good but blame forest river for dragging with permission to fix all this, this time its been there 3 weeks with no movement. Next week we are going to look into the lemon law in Md. Has anyone else had issues with there coachman? Thanks for the rant :-)
rmille6161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:34 PM   #2

Yes we have had many issues but so far Coachmen(Forest River) has taken care of them. I do agree that Coachmen has a lot to be desired as far as quality. We had a Rockwood trailer before this and were very pleased with it. The Rockwood line did not have the plan in a 5th wheel that we wanted. Regrets in buying a Coachmen, yes.

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:44 PM   #3
DW's 401(k) Plan

First off, welcome from the "sane" side of the state - Western MD!

Sorry, can't help you as far as Coachmen quality. I'm just astounded Beckley's isn't pursuing this like a rabid hound. While I personally haven't bought anything from them, I know of others who have and they were impressed with how efficiently Beckley's took care of any issue.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote