Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Hello from Michigan

Hi everyone,
I currently am a owner of a Jayco 23b hybrid trailer. My wife and I have been into camping since 1997, and started with a pop-up camper. We fell in love with the Rockwood 2109 S at the last RV show, and would like to purchase maybe at the next show in Feb. Any info regarding this unit would be appreciated .

kampkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
Can't help on info, but welcome to the forum!

Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Welcome! I can't help, I'll also be heading to the camper show to drool over new campers.
Kristina & Family
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
'13 Honda Pilot -Kar Kaddy 3

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 29
hockeytownmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Campfire Master
Welcome!. We will be shopping for a TT for the daughter at the February show.
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
Welcome! We found our camper at the show last February. It is such a great show!
2013 Rockwood Roo 25RS
KKapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
Welcome to the forum kampkiwi. You sure have some beautiful places to camp in Michigan, we especially enjoyed the times we spent in the UP.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
Site Team
Welcome to the forum! Are you planning on going to the RV show this year? It's usually fun comparing units and seeing what is new or different.

You might try posting in the Rockwood forum to get more feedback to your question.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
Hi and welcome to the forum. We are from Bay City Michigan and love camping and enjoy the Birch Run Camper show. Since we just bought a new Sabre in August, not sure if DH will let me to go the show this
Happily Camping in Michigan!
Previous Camper: 2010 Outback
Nights Camped in 2012: 24

Current Camper: 2013 Sabre 32-RCTS-6
Nights Camped in 2012: 11

Nights Camped in 2013: 21
poppy127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
Welcome kampkiwi! I bought my 2109S last June in Ohio and camped my way home up thru Michigan and west across the UP. I visited the Whitefishpoint Lighthouse and Museum. I love the UP! I am a scuba diver so I have visited Munising several times. They have a very nice, older municipal campground right on the shore of Lake Superior.

I have been happy with my 2109S overall. I think you will find that the unit you buy is the "basics" and then you add modifications as you go along to improve it. You will find that it is a work in progress...maybe always.

My wife and I are in our 60s so the walk around bed was important to us and now that we have used it, I am really glad that we got it. The refrig, heater, water heater, TV and microwave have all worked well. No leaks to date (knock on wood).

You have to realize it is an ultra light and not built like a tank. Some of the shortcuts are a little annoying. They have these cheap pieces of paneling around to seperate the lines from open areas. Where you think you are going to have more storage you will find that half of the area is divided off with one of these panels. They are stapled in so will not be standing very long especially in the basement area. But again...that is one of the things I will change.

There is still plenty of storage for the 2 of us. I haven't used all the storage space on 3 day trips yet.

I had to tighten pretty much all of the water connections to get the water pressure to work but since then it has worked fine. I added teflon tape when I tightened the connections and I think that helped.

I treat my 2109S as a hobby. There is always something you want to add or change and I enjoy doing that.

The slideout is great and gives you a lot more room inside. Again, for the most part I have been very satisfied with this unit.

Feel free to use this forum. This is where I get most of my information, and most of it is very useful...except for herk's occassional bad jokes.

Again, Welcome!

2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2006 Dodge Durango Hemi 5.7
Equal-i-zer WDH
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote