Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
potholecountry

Send a message via Skype™ to potholecountry
Hello From Muskegon Mi.

Good morning. As I write this I am sitting at the dinette in our new Jayco, 18 Swift. We are presently parked at the Duck Creek RV resort at Muskegon,, Mi..

We are retreads in our seventh decade on this beautiful planet. This is our first RV in 40 years. We are on our second trip with it and have quickly discovered it is too small. We were limited by our towing vehicle. So plans are already in the works to upgrade both tow vehicle and trailer.

What brought us back to this fantastic way of life is our source of income. We travel the country buying products and selling them on Amazon. We use the FBA, (Fulfillment by Amazon), program.

Basically that means we ship our products to an Amazon warehouse and they take care of selling and collecting funds and depositing what is left after fees into our checking account. The only reason I mention all of this is to explain how we came about returning to RVing.

For over a year we stayed at extended stay motels. This has a number of benefits and also s number of negatives. I will not bore you with all of those details but only state that we decided to purchase a trailer and take our bed with us.

We are happy so far with the decision. I also began writing a blog about our travels. I don't wish to violate any forum rules so I will not post a link in this post but if you would like to follow a couple of crazy seniors the link is in my signature.

Glad to be here and hope to be able to contribute to this informative forum.

Chet & Jean
potholecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Missing Link

Welcome from Genesee MI.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #3

Welcome from Cedar Springs! I'd love a link to your blog, as I do not see it in your signature
Old 07-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote