Old 05-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #1

Hello from Myrtle Beach, SC

Hey Everyone!

We're looking into purchasing a 2013 Rockwood HW276 and I came across these forums looking for information. This will be our (mine and my wife's) first camper, though we both used pop ups growing up. What is everyone's impression of the HW276 (or any of the HW series for that matter)? The one we're looking at is right at ~$15,000, which appears to be a pretty good price from the research I've done so far. I'll be towing it with my '04 Liberty Renegade, so one concern I have is how to carry bikes...

Anyways, I'll be searching the forums for the next few days/weeks/... Thanks for any input!

Robert

Old 05-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #2

Welcome We were looking at pop ups at Lazy Days this weekend and were impressed by how far they've come! I'm guessing you've considered how you want to camp, and the season for your area. I confess, I've not popup camped before but we now have a Roo which, as far as I can tell is a happy medium between a TT and Popup. I see the GVWR is 3,779 lbs for the HW276. The GVWR is 3,860 lbs for the Roo17. Although the 276 seems like it would feel bigger.

I am wondering if you could get a rooftop carrier for your bikes? The 317 has a nice front trailer area but is much heavier. Hmmmm..... so many things to consider. One thing I can vouch for is how nice the heated bunks are and how much the bathrooms are appreciated on cold mornings!

Wishing you the best in your search Happy Hunting

Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. We had a Fleetwood HW popup back in '06. It was really roomy with the dinette slide and I liked not having to lift the stove/sink into position. Rockwood makes a nice popup!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinDad View Post
Hey Everyone!

We're looking into purchasing a 2013 Rockwood HW276 and I came across these forums looking for information. This will be our (mine and my wife's) first camper, though we both used pop ups growing up. What is everyone's impression of the HW276 (or any of the HW series for that matter)? The one we're looking at is right at ~$15,000, which appears to be a pretty good price from the research I've done so far. I'll be towing it with my '04 Liberty Renegade, so one concern I have is how to carry bikes...

Anyways, I'll be searching the forums for the next few days/weeks/... Thanks for any input!

Robert
Welcome and good luck with your new purchase. We love our Rockwood!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #5

Welcome from Orlando,
We'll be going to Myrtle beach Pirateland campground in July.
enjoy your HW!
http://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #6

Thanks everyone! It's official - we'll be picking it up next Friday!

I've been looking around and came across some suggestions of using the ProRac bike carrier (Pro Rac Systems Inc. Tent Trailer 4 - Bike Carrier : Amazon.com : Automotive) with HWs. Anyone have experience with this setup on a Rockwood?