Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #1

Hello from new Roo 19 RVers

Hello from our new 2014 Rockwood Roo 19, three of four days into its maiden voyage! Beautiful weather here in Door County, WI a couple of hours away from our home in Neenah. Sort of a long journey but jumped on the chance to have a great site in Peninsula State Park. We are really happy with the new camper!

I grew up tent camping and pop-up camping with my family, and then I tent camped throughout college and ever since. More recently I helped my boyfriend to discover the joys of camping. We camped over the past few years in a nice big tent but wanted a more enjoyable experience. He and I did a lot of dreaming at the annual camping shows and drooled all over my parents' Roo 23IKSS hybrid last year. (My dad is on here.) We comparison shopped at this year's show, visited a dealer, and then decided to go with the Roo 19. It would fit our needs, tow vehicle, and budget. It was love at first sight because it was a step above the other very similar hybrids we looked at. The hardest part of everything was waiting from January until May for winter to finally be over.

We don't quite know what we're doing yet, but this forum should help! Hello all.
skyflyer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
Bea & Matt

Sounds like you are having a great time! We're new here too, waiting for delivery...
Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #3

Skyflyer8, you know what you are doing - having fun camping! Congratulations on the new Roo.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #4

Glad you are enjoying it. My family is new to the camping thing as well. I've done a bit in tents when I was younger, but not much. We are heading for our first more rustic camping soon. We got our trailer about August of last year and only went to one RV park with it for a few days. My son and I sure enjoy a lot of weekend Driveway camping though!

2013 F150 v8 4x4 Supercab
2014 Surveyor 192T
rycej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
Take The Road Less Travld

Congrats Keep enjoying it!
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #6

We also have a Roo 19 and it is a great little trailer and a nice step up from our popup. Enjoy!
Old 05-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #7

Welcome from a fellow Wisconsinite and congrats on your 2014 Rockwood Roo 19. We've always enjoyed Peninsula SP too.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo