Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2018, 07:21 AM   #1

Hello from NJ!

I wanted to introduce myself and say "Hi".

I just recently (last Saturday) purchased my first travel trailer since I was a kid (we had a pop-up camper growing up). It is a No Boundaries 16.5 by Forrest River and I have been having a blast "outfitting" ever since. I plan to use it with my wife and maybe son (he's 19 so has many other interests) to take short trips exploring this great country. We like to hit flea markets and see new sights so this seemed like a perfect option for us.

We are big Disney fans but I had to promise that all Disney trips will be in the hotels on property - it's the one place I can't bring the trailer .

I plan to outfit my No Bo to be able to function up to a week off-grid so I have already started installing one 100 watt solar panel on the roof and have plans to add a second. I will be purchasing another battery and expanding the amp hours I have available along with adding a second propane tank to round out the first project.

We have three trips lined up so far this year. The first is a quick "shake down" cruise to Cape May NJ to get a feel for the trailer. Next we are going to the Overland East Expo in Ashville NC at the beginning of November and finally will take it up to my sister's house in NH for Thanksgiving. Not sure how many other trips we will fit in the year but looking forward to the ones we have planned. Next year in the spring we plan to head up the coast to NH, Maine and Nova Scotia with our friends who also just purchased a trailer.

Happy Camping and I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
PaleoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:46 AM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

Also NJ

Greetings Dan! You can put your location in your profile so we know what area you are from, I'm in Morris Co. We just ordered our first trailer at the Hershey RV show. I started buying stuff for it over a year ago! I think I have everything I could possibly need, including a Renogy 100W suitcase before I ordered the GeoPro, which comes with a 100W panel on the roof. I probably won't have mine till Christmas.
BTW, we are disney fans too. I wouldn't mind trying out that Fort Wilderness in my new rig!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:54 AM   #3

Welcome! Safe travels! You should try Disney's Fort Wilderness, you can bring your trailer to that resort.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum. You will get hooked at looking for tips on here day to day. I am also from NJ and there are so many good campgrounds in the area. We do Cape May every spring. We are also fans of Disney and and wouldn't do Disney any other way then Fort Wilderness. It is a campground on Disney property and we feel it is one of the nicest campgrounds we have been to. You get all the amenities of being at Disney for around $100 a night. All transportation to parks is right near your campsite. Any questions just post on here and you will have an answer in no time. There is even a thread for Fort Wilderness. I tagged a pic of our site in Disney from this Sept. We have already done 2 trips there and are planning another.

Phat Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #5

Welcome to the Forum! And Congrats on the new rig!

Greetings from Northern NJ!

Getting ready to roll out for the long holiday weekend to RI as one of our last trips of the season...still one more after that down to Turkey Swamp (Freehold, NJ) in a few weeks... Not sure where in NJ you are, but you are more than welcome to stop by....

Enjoy the FRF and ask away! Also be sure to join FROG... be on the lookout for upcoming rallies in the Northeast!

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #6

We enjoy Turkey Swamp, esp. Echo row - but the lack of full hookups can be a bummer.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #7

My wife and I are planning to go Disney with are kids and we were wondering if Fort Wilderness is the way to go! We dont like motels/hotels so any vacation we go on with be with our camper! If you have any tips let me know!
happyttowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:22 PM   #8

Thanks for the warm welcome! Really looking forward to having new adventures.
PaleoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyttowner View Post
My wife and I are planning to go Disney with are kids and we were wondering if Fort Wilderness is the way to go! We dont like motels/hotels so any vacation we go on with be with our camper! If you have any tips let me know!
There are other campgrounds in the area, but Fort Wilderness is great. Don't miss the Hoop Dee Doo Review!
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #10

Welcome & congrats from a fellow Garden Stater. Like Phat Steve said Ft Wilderness is the way to go at Disney. Stayed there in July. All of the amenities are close at hand.

ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #11

Welcome from Beaufort, SC. I recently registered to become a member on here too.
Jaimberlyn is offline   Reply With Quote